is jebo safe?

chutneyjh

I'm looking at some jebo powerheads. It says they're UL listed but I don't think I believe that. I've heard of some of their products catching on fire, but just the lights. Has anyone had any other problems with the filters or powerheads? Thanks.

fedukeford

Ive heard the filters are pretty bad, but i didnt know anything about them making powerheads. IMO go with maxijet, good reputible company, pretty cheap. Or if you have a larger tank (55+) go with some Seios

chutneyjh

I think they sell them under the brand name lifetech. At least that's how they have them listed on the acution site.

fedukeford

O, i still havent heard them, but its probley better to go with more commonly known brands like the 2 i mentiond above

dmc888

I would stay away from jebo. I tried their lights,phs, and uv. They are cheap for a reason. The lights got real hot because there was no ventilation at all and the uv housing cracked while tightening it. Their ph are pretty huge for the gph too.
I agree with fedukeford seios for 55+ or maxijets for a smaller tank. Both have been reliable for me.

Have you guys seen the MJ mods? It is pretty cool. You can modify a maxi jet to put out about 1200-2500 GPH. I have a 72" Odyssea fixture. I have had no problems (knock on wood). The fires from what I understand were with the old 36" fixtures. However, I wouldn't buy them just because they are cheap. I am learning you get what you pay for.

fedukeford

The MJ mods are pretty sweet, but IMO should be on nothing smaller than a 100 gallon, otherwise there'd be sand EVERYWHERE. Im thinking about ordering the pack to mod my MJ 1200 to see how it works out, it'll deffinatly be cheaper than getting a Seio or Tunze with the same GPH rating

chutneyjh

I'll look into the MJs. I had them on my 55 before I got rid of it and really liked them.
Where can I find more info on this mod? Is it hard to do? I'm pretty challenged with stuff like that lol.

chutneyjh

Ok nevermind about the mod lol. I looked it up and it's more drilling and glueing and whatnot than I really want to do. I think I'll just spend the extra money.