is stagnant ro/di water okay?

celbrise

i took my power head out of my mixing tank as theirs no room to move around in my garage how it is set up to wash clothes and get into the freezer. was wondering if this is going to be okay or do i have to have the water circulating 24/7. the salt is already mixed in it's been running for over a day already almost 2 and it's covered with a lid. just wondering as i never seen someone's bin not have something circulating in it. may it be bubblers or powerheads or pumps

lmforbis

I don't keep the pump going all the time. I let it go until the salt is dissolved then I shut it off. An hour or so before I use it I turn the pump back on. I make water immediately after a water change so it sits 1-2 weeks before I use it. I check the salinity and temp befor I add it to the tank.

pegasus

It would be ideal if it was a "sealed" container if you plan to leave it unstirred long-term. If it's not going to be too long before using it, I think it will be okay with just a lid on it. One question, though... how is it the power head is taking up any more room than the mixing tank?

pegasus

I don't keep the pump going all the time. I let it go until the salt is dissolved then I shut it off. An hour or so before I use it I turn the pump back on. I make water immediately after a water change so it sits 1-2 weeks before I use it. I check the salinity and temp befor I add it to the tank.
I turn off my "mixing pump" ( 2400gph return pump) after 24 hours, but always leave a small power head keeping the water circulating... because it may be a week, or it may be a month (or longer) before I use it. It tends to stay "fresher" this way. Just my 2c...

celbrise

our garage is cluttered because my dad is a contractor and bring all the crap from work to our house and sits their in the garage. then he blames me for putting a small trash can versus all his junks in the garage. plus i don't have an extention cord to run the outlet to my powerhead/mixing tank so im stretching the existing one that we use for our freezer and it's in the way of our washing machine and dryer which we use almost daily. space where my tank is really tight. sadly i couldn't find a brute trash can to put wheels on it thus im stuck with a stationary cheaper quality trash can.

yea my mixing tub has a lid wouldn't keep it open the water would evaporate very fast.

lmforbis

You can make a small wheeled platform from a couple board and some casters from the hardware store. Make it the size of your mixing garbage can.