Is there a creature that eats macro algae

entice59

im not sure what its called but its the marine plant type algae like calurpa. I got a tuxedo but it doesnt seem to be doing much except break it apart and attach it to itself

promisetbg

Yes,a black sea hare will eat caulerpa.Also a good choice to keep it trimmed back in the refugium:thinking:

benj2112

Well, I have only had chaetomorpha, but everything seemed to want to eat that. Turbo snails and hermits especially.

entice59

i really wanted a tang but it seemed kinda sketchy for me to get a tang for my 55. Unless there is one that i can put into my 55 :)

bang guy

Originally posted by entice59
Unless there is one that i can put into my 55 :)

A Kole Tang will be fine in a 4 foot tank IMO. They spook easily but they will eat a LOT of algae.

flatzboy

Hey bang I already made a thread about a kole tang goin in in my 46 gallon bow and the answers were kind of iffy. Do you think one could go in my 46 gallon bow, its 36 inches wide 20 inches tall and 15 inches wide?????

doxboi

I have had ayellow tang in my 55 for about 7 months now and he is fine. He is about 3 to four inches big. He is healthy (fat) and swims around all day long grazing and looking at me when I go by the tank.