Is there a way to tell?

tacks

I'm starting my tank up again after 4 years. I'm replacing all the RO/DI filters but I can't remember if my RO unit is a 35gpd or 60gpd. It's a Kent Marine Hi-S Maxima. Can anyone help? Is there a way to tell? It doesn't say anything on the outside (serial # etc.).

fedukeford

Is there a model # or anything?? you could always just see how many gallons you can get out of it in a day but that would be one BORING day

fender

Look on the membrane itself. It will probably have some ID on it. Also look at the restrictor for the drain. It too will have a number - this needs to be matched to the membrane output.

bang guy

What fender said. The model of the housing has nothing to do with it, it's the RO membrane that determines the GPD.

scsinet

Originally Posted by Tacks
I'm starting my tank up again after 4 years. I'm replacing all the RO/DI filters but I can't remember if my RO unit is a 35gpd or 60gpd. It's a Kent Marine Hi-S Maxima. Can anyone help? Is there a way to tell? It doesn't say anything on the outside (serial # etc.).
Has the RO unit been sitting around for 4 years unused? If so, a new set of cartridges and a new membrane should be on your list of things to get, so you can just get a membrane and a new restrictor with the production rate you want....

tacks

Got it. Thanks. It's right on the membrane itself. No serial # needed. Big bold letters... 35gpd. All the other filters are on order. Thanks again for the help.