Is this a good thing??

sweetreef

Ok my fish are hook on junk food...Lol not just kidding i though it was some funny pics they are trying to eat the chip..My girlfriend teasing my poor fish..lol

scary

Hey , what kind of star is that ? How big is your tank and how long has it been established? I just returned a blue star today to my lfs because it looked like it was dying. Everyone said my 29 gall was too small for it
(of course I was told this after I purchased him, with no one at the lfs informing me that it was too small) What size tank can a red star be in?
I love stars and really want one.
Are there any out there that are reef safe and that I could keep?
Love your tank (when you feed them cheetos does the water get all orange?)lol

gfk

i still cant believe that puffer doesnt mess with your corals. mine like that wouldnt even leave snails and hermit crabs alone lol

sweetreef

its a 45 gallon but i have alot of live rock pretty much more than i really need..And its a linkia star fish i have they are hard to keep so far i have been lucky its been going on three months now but trying to hit the one year mark is the key!!Also lucky with my puffer in not bugging any corals had that fish going on five years..I think your better at getting a forma star i think thats the name of it not really sure all i know is that they are red and orange nm reef has a really nice one in his system..

ajroc31

I don't want to freak you out, but that puffer could just go off on your corals, crabs, snails, etc... I it does not, I love that little fish. Mine killed itself. Make sure you have a cover, they jump out alot. Good luck

pyro

This doesn't directly apply to the topic, but I thought it was funny...
At our LFS, they have glass dividers where they keep the livestock inside larger tanks. In one divider was a sick dwarf lion they were trying to get to eat... on the bordering sides were two areas full of small (2-3") volitan lions that were very hungry.
Well, they put some small feeder fish in the tank with the dwarf lion to try and get it to eat something... The volitons were going nuts. They were all pinned up to the divider staring at thte feeders as they swam by trying to suck them in and everything.
It was pretty darn funny.
Also, the dwarf lion did get better, the shop owners daughter took it and placed it in her own tank and it's doing great now.

sweetreef

lol i can picture it!!!ajroc31 i have no worry about my valintini puffer picking on corals are inverts had this fish for very long time i think this one dont like the tast of them..lol because i have never lost a invert in five years with having him well by him in that case all he cares about is brine shrimp and krill some time i will be able to get a pic off of him getting cleaned by one of my cleaner shrimp i just havnt been fast enuff with the cam to get one off..But he always goes for a cleaning once in awhile

sweetreef

lol nope he is like a pet dog to us...I put one in my brother in laws tank with corals and thing are doing great no nipping at all with him...

teresaq1

Sweetreef, how big is your valintini?? my son wants one, but the tank i have for it would be a 39 long. He would prob be the only fish in it.