Is this everything I need for my filtration

lmforbis

Based on my experience with ball valves I'd use a gate valve if I plumbed a tank again. They cost more but there is much more controllability. My pumps all came with an assortment of adapters one was a flow valve. That is what I use to control the flow from my pumps.

snakeblitz33

Gate valves are really expensive! I'd get a ball valve if I was just setting the flow speed from a return pump. Gate valves would be great for something like a bean animal overflow.

Rio pumps have always failed me when I used them as return pumps. Every. Single. Time.

Mag drive pumps are reliable. I have only had one fail me. It got hot and then started in reverse and made a bunch of noise. It was probably my fault for not cleaning it well enough.

I like eheim as well, but a bit too expensive for me.

A cheap pump would be a lifeguard aquatics quiet one pump. The first one I bought worked perfectly and was super quiet with some silicone feet. The second one I bought had a little bit of a rattle to it - but at least it was half or more the cost of everything else.

You'll need something that pushes anywhere between 700 and 900 gph ir gallons per hour at 4ft of head. I might would go on the low end, because pushing a massive amount of water through your sump is not necessarily beneficial to your filtration system.

pegasus

+1 for gate valves. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes. I use ball valves for on/off use only.

+1 for mag-drive pumps. I use Danner "Classic Supreme" (not Pondmaster) exclusively (have 6) and have never had a failure.

dangerfish

So hey guys how's it going I just wanted to inform you that I finally got the tank, I'm not started yet because I don't have all the equipment but I will be getting a lot of it for Christmas. Well I just wanted to inform you because for me this is very motivating because I have school and stuff and when I work in the summer I don't make very much money so yeah.

dangerfish

And my dad decided to be a little grupy with what I get so here's my list for live stock

5 Blue/Green Reef Chromis
3 Cinnamon Clownfish
Bicolor Blenny
Bicolor Goatfish
2 Green Mandarin

Longspine Urchin, Black
Bulb Anemone
Banded Coral Shrimp
plus some types of cleaner crew

dangerfish

here is my equipment ( i'm not going to include the rock, tank, water, sand. etc just the filtration:))

Eshopps Gen. II PSK-100 Skimmer Rated 75-100g tank
ESHOPPS REFUGIUM R-100, 75-125G, 2ND GENERATION
Hydor SmartWave Pump Controller Kits SmartWave 850 Kit
Aquatop 750GPH return pump

Is there anything else

Skimmer is probably a little under rated for a 90 gal IMO. Everything else seems to be a good start. As equipment goes yu will end replacing some along the way and find what you like but its a decent start.

dangerfish

thx, and my dad was wondering if there was a specific fish safe glue that is used to combine pipes together so that they don't leak

lmforbis

As for the livestock I'd hold off on the mandarins and anemone for a while 6 months or so. They do better once everything is stable.
Sounds like you are doing pretty good for christmas this year!

dangerfish

ok so this is my livestock I plan on getting

5 Blue/Green Reef Chromis
Longnose Hawkfish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Firefish
Kole Yellow Eye Tang
2 Cinnamon Clownfish
Bicolor Blenny
Six Line Wrasse
Bicolor Goatfish
2 Green Mandarin

And I was wondering what order would I put these in when I get em
(don't worry I'm not going to buy them all at once I will slowly be getting them)

And do the invertibrates need to be put in a certain order because here is my list for them.

Longspine Urchin, Black
Bulb Anemone
Banded Coral Shrimp
emerald crab
a group of dwarf leg hermit crabs
a few nassaris snails

lmforbis

Chromis tend to pick each other off till you have only one so if you are looking for a group of fish they aren't a great choice.
The bicolor goat fish gets pretty bid and the min tank size is 125 gal.
Make sure you get the clowns very small or as a bonded pair. If you get two females they will fight to the death.
I'd add the tangs and wrasse last.
The mandarins wait till the tank is a year or so old before you even consider them and I'd get only one unless you have a huge tank.

As for inverts
Coral banded shrim are known fish killers you might consider a skunk cleaner shrimp.
The bulb anemone needs a stable mature tank with very good lighting. If you don't have that pass o it.
The only issue with the urchin is they can knock things over. I don't know about long spine urchins but my Halloween and tuxedo urchins Cary stuf around like shells or random frags that aren't glued down. Personally I love urchins.