jawfish and sleeper goby?

novahobbies

Has anyone ever kept a Jawfish and any sand-sifting Toby in the same tank? Say, with a 48" x 18" footprint?

btldreef

Yes. I did. My goby just stayed away from the jawfish territory. If he got to close, he was reminded not to do it again.
I've also kept a jawfish with a yasha goby/pistol shrimp pair in a 20g and they got along just fine. There was a lot of macro in the tank tgat separated them fairly well though. It really depends on the temperament of the fish.

novahobbies

Hmm. I'm thinking if I do this, the Jawfish should go in first. My wife just "fell in love" with the fish......

btldreef

They're beautiful, but after trying this fish 3 different times and it ending the same way, I decided these are fish that are better off in the wild.
Really research Blue Spot Jawfish disease. It's basically like fin rot, only there's no cure, they just slowly wither away.
I've had all three of mine due this way. Each I had for quite a while, eating and acting healthy and then out of no where they'd get this. There's a lot if info about them and this issue on Wetwebmedia