Just got stuff for my phosban reactor but have questions

entice59

The plastic clamps i got arent tight enough, do you guys recommend anything else i should be using? teflon tape?

I used some plastic fitting(black tube) to connect to the pvc, there was a label that said outdoor use only, i got this at homedepot and its made by orbit, would you guys say its safe for me to use?

thanks

squidd

Stainless steel "hose clamps" are fine for "external" (not submerged) use...
Are you refering to the black "hose barb" fittings..??
Should be fine, just not rated for "indoor plumbing" use...(permenant installation in house walls)

entice59

thanks for the replay squid
not a bother at all
its made by the twolittliefishies which makes phosban and other media. As far as i know, ive seen people use carbon and rowaphos(supposidily better than phosban but a lot more expensive), which is what im using.

I'm not sure how well they work, but there are some removers. Seachem's deNitrate and Purigen and Nitrate sponge by Kent. I'm sure there are others.

squidd

Better read the fine print...most of the NitrAte removers are Freshwater only and actually "recharge" (dump their load) by placing in salt water...
Polymers like Purigen "reduce" nitrates by absorbing ammonia and protiens which in turn keeps nitrItes and nitrAtes from "forming"in the first place , but don't really "remove" or absorb them per se...