Kyle Busch busted doing 128mph...

aquaknight

Know we still have a few nascar interested peeps who would enjoy this.....
But my question is more directed at everyone. What do people think owners/drivers of these super exotic 200mph capable cars do? I'm talking to the ones that are called for Shrub's head, suspension from NASCAR, etc... Do these people really think everyone just idles them to the boutiques on main street? At least those owned by people not in the 70's+...
Pic of the actual car. Pic from a tweet from Denny Hamlin. Toyota is passing around this 550hp $350,000 super car to a couple peeps out on the east coast. It's been a show car mostly, attending different events.

stdreb27

I have a boss who drives his GT 40 to work about 3 days a week, depending on weather, now he's got the new MP4 on order, other than that he does take it to some speed weekends and a few tracks and clubs etc.
As for Kyle Bush, lol. Moron, I woulda fought it... But I'm sure NASCAR said no this is what you're going to do...

aquaknight

Yea, but how old is that boss? Not trying to turn it into an age thing, but guessing slightly more significantly older then a 26 year old Kyle Shrub? Even then, I'm sure when he first got the car, he held the throttle a little too long on an entrance ramp or something once or twice and saw very similar speeds, or even has a favorite little stretch of road on the way to/from work he gets a chance to open her up, on. Use to have an absolutely beautiful spot back in So. Florida. Road ended onto an entrance ramp, that was easily 1/2mi long with a kink at the end.
The thing I sort of am curious about, is how exactly shrub got pulled over. Did he immediately see the cop and stopped. Or did the cop sorta catch him speeding, and had to run him down? A pro race car driver, driving a super exotic at speed is one thing, but then a cop is a Crown Vic or Charger trying to run him down, is one completely different thing. You tell me what the bigger threat is?
BTW that pic of the car is from a tweet from Denny Hamlin. The' tweet was "If anyone in Sometown NC (forget hame), sees this car behind them, MOVE OUT THE WAY!!"
Looks like Denny had the fun, but Kyle paid the price

stdreb27

I can't remember where I read it, but I did read that he was observed by 3 different officers before they caught up with him...

kjr_trig

Kyle is the best race car driver in North America, he should be allowed to go as fast as he wants wherever he wants, it's the soccer mom driving her SUV 20mph over the limit talking on her cell phone that should lose her license.

bionicarm

Wasn't it 128 in a 45? Yea, nothing like screaming down a rural street at that speed, waiting for soccer Mom to come pulling out from a driveway with a cell phone stuck to her head. Better yet, some farm boy pulling out on the road in his Combine. Nice ride, but if he'd had hit anything, you would've found pieces of him about a 1/4 mile down the road.