Left lane evangelists

mantisman51

I wish cops would do that to the blue hairs around here. I never realized how bad geezer drivers were 'til I moved here to Az. On the 65 mph two-lanes they'll drive 40 mph until it's clear to pass, then speed up to 75 to keep you from passing-just to slow back down to 40 when it's no longer clear to pass. On the 4 lane highway they get next to each other and drive real slow-you get 50 cars backed up behind them. And if one of them turn, the geezers will then floor it(in the left lane of course) until they catch up to another slow moving car, then slow down again. This probably happens everywhere with blue hairs, but when 50% of the population is geezers, an 18 mile, 20 minute drive can take (literally) 45 minutes.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3378754
I wish cops would do that to the blue hairs around here. I never realized how bad geezer drivers were 'til I moved here to Az. On the 65 mph two-lanes they'll drive 40 mph until it's clear to pass, then speed up to 75 to keep you from passing-just to slow back down to 40 when it's no longer clear to pass. On the 4 lane highway they get next to each other and drive real slow-you get 50 cars backed up behind them. And if one of them turn, the geezers will then floor it(in the left lane of course) until they catch up to another slow moving car, then slow down again. This probably happens everywhere with blue hairs, but when 50% of the population is geezers, an 18 mile, 20 minute drive can take (literally) 45 minutes.
Ever hear the term "road rage"? Considering Arizona allows anyone with an IQ over 50 to legally carry a gun now, I'm surprised some of these "Blue Hairs" haven't been sent to the hospital with a bullet hole in some part of their body.

bionicarm

The guy was lucky he wasn't driving in Texas. He pulled that stunt here, he'd have goten a ticket for "impeding the flow of traffic". All the major highways in Texas have signs that read "Slower Traffic Keep Right", and "Left Lane For Passing Only". I know several people who've been pulled over and ticketed for not abiding by these rules.

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3378757
Ever hear the term "road rage"? Considering Arizona allows anyone with an IQ over 50 to legally carry a gun now, I'm surprised some of these "Blue Hairs" haven't been sent to the hospital with a bullet hole in some part of their body.
What the hell are you talking about? I seriously question if your IQ is over 50 with that dribble. A simple comment about the frequency of the left lane hogs and you jump to "road rage" and try to make some retarded anti-gun thing out of it. I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are a brain-dead liberal that others have described you as.

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3378757
Most individuals are common sense law abiding citizens. Most legal gun "toting" individuals don't carry their gun to "flex" on people or commit actions such as road rage. Obviously you need to select a better group of people to know or hang out with.
Darth (Psycho) Tang

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3378768
Most individuals are common sense law abiding citizens. Most legal gun "toting" individuals don't carry their gun to "flex" on people or commit actions such as road rage. Obviously you need to select a better group of people to know or hang out with.
Darth (Psycho) Tang
Yea Darth. We NEVER hear about any road rage incidents where someone got 'popped' as the end result. We had two of those 'incidents' here in San Antonio just last month. A "law abiding citizen" would never do something like that.
BTW, "common sense" and "law abiding" is an oxymoron.
Bionic (Don't hang with gun totin' fanatics) Arm

darthtang aw

Yea Darth.  We NEVER hear about any road rage incidents where someone got 'popped' as the end result.  We had two of those 'incidents' here in San Antonio just last month.  A "law abiding citizen" would never do something like that. 
   BTW, "common sense" and "law abiding" is an oxymoron.

Bionic (Don't hang with gun totin' fanatics) Arm

Did I say it NEVER happens? So which are you? Law abiding and stupid.....or common sense and a criminal?
Oh, and you had three road rage incidents last month involving guns.....once again...I know more about your area than you. Its ok though, I understand you were born this way.
Darth (Lady Gaga) Tang
P.S. you also had a road rage incident ending in a fatal stabbing..you need tighter knife carrying and ownership laws.

aquaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3378754
As bad as teen drivers are, in almost every statistical category, the elderly still are technically the worst drivers. But you can't take shots at them, unlike teens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3378759
The guy was lucky he wasn't driving in Texas. He pulled that stunt here, he'd have goten a ticket for "impeding the flow of traffic". All the major highways in Texas have signs that read "Slower Traffic Keep Right", and "Left Lane For Passing Only". I know several people who've been pulled over and ticketed for not abiding by these rules.
Every state in the union I know of, has the same laws. Cop in the vid easily could have, but I'm gonna guess was trying to get somewhere.
But we had a discussion at our house, about what was the guy thinking. The very moment the cop flips on his lights, the idiot puts on his signal and starts to move over. Was he really trying to slow the cop now? Or more like frozen in fear? Or something?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKnight http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3378817
As bad as teen drivers are, in almost every statistical category, the elderly still are technically the worst drivers. But you can't take shots at them, unlike teens...
Every state in the union I know of, has the same laws. Cop in the vid easily could have, but I'm gonna guess was trying to get somewhere.
But we had a discussion at our house, about what was the guy thinking. The very moment the cop flips on his lights, the idiot puts on his signal and starts to move over. Was he really trying to slow the cop now? Or more like frozen in fear? Or something?
I would say the guy was paranoid about the cop being behind him, and he wasn't going to speed up in fear the cop would pull him over for speeding. Guess he figured if he/she just kept driving at the posted speed, the cop would eventually go around him. Interesting how people just 'freeze up' anytime a cop is driving on the same road as them. I can't count the number of times I've come up behind a line of cars in the left lane going 5 - 10 MPH slower than the posted speed limit, then look over in the right lane and see a cop car just puttin' along at the same speed.

reefraff

Had I been that cop's supervisor I would have suspended him for a week. There is a reason tailgating is illegal and that moron cop was way too close. He should have lit the guy up from a somewhat safe distance and continued on.

aquaknight

Personally, I don't think the cop was that close...
Not sure though, the video cuts in with the cop already tailgating the car, so who knows how long the cop was following "reasonably safe" behind beofrehand.... (I'll agree though, it probably wasn't very long...)
We've been down this road before (pun intended), but tailgating is illegal because morons do it when they're like the 7th or 15th car in line, and that causes wrecks. If there's one car in front of someone holding them up, I see no issue with letting them know your desire for them to get the hell out of the way (esp. if you can't get around them).
Plus I've never really understood the logic of not wanting the faster cars to get by you. Every once in a while, I get someone going faster them me, and I make sure to let them by. They'll get popped by the cop in the trees, not me. Is it some inferiority complex or something?

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKnight http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3379242
Personally, I don't think the cop was that close...
Not sure though, the video cuts in with the cop already tailgating the car, so who knows how long the cop was following "reasonably safe" behind beofrehand.... (I'll agree though, it probably wasn't very long...)
We've been down this road before (pun intended), but tailgating is illegal because morons do it when they're like the 7th or 15th car in line, and that causes wrecks. If there's one car in front of someone holding them up, I see no issue with letting them know your desire for them to get the hell out of the way (esp. if you can't get around them).
Plus I've never really understood the logic of not wanting the faster cars to get by you. Every once in a while, I get someone going faster them me, and I make sure to let them by. They'll get popped by the cop in the trees, not me. Is it some inferiority complex or something?
If you use the two second rule it's pretty easy to see how close the cop is. Use the shadows of the cars on the broken white line. If the cop was a second behind maybe but it is more like a 10th a second LOL! I try not to hold traffic up but I like driving in the left lane. Once in a while I will zone out and hold someone up and I am honestly embarrassed when it happens and I usually drive 5 to 7 over the limit. I don't understand the idiots who will get in the lane and drive under the limit

bionicarm

Hate to make this sound sexist, but every morning when I'm heading into work, I will ultimately get behind this vehicle that's driving 65MPH or less in a 70MPH speed zone in the left lane, You can flash your lights at the individual, honk your horn at them, and they refuse to move over. When I finally am able to get around them using the right-hand lane, 9 times out of 10 it's a woman behind the wheel. It's like they don't understand the concept of occassionally looking in their rear and side-view mirrors. After you get by them, you can look in your rearview mirror and see a train of 10 - 15 cars lined up waiting their turn to pass on the right. I actually see women all the time merge onto a three-lane highway, immediately get over to the left-hand lane, then park their speed 5MPH under the limit. Was this maneuver something I missed in driver's training?

darthtang aw

Hate to make this sound sexist, but every morning when I'm heading into work, I will ultimately get behind this vehicle that's driving 65MPH or less in a 70MPH speed zone in the left lane, You can flash your lights at the individual, honk your horn at them, and they refuse to move over. When I finally am able to get around them using the right-hand lane, 9 times out of 10 it's a woman behind the wheel. It's like they don't understand the concept of occassionally looking in their rear and side-view mirrors. After you get by them, you can look in your rearview mirror and see a train of 10 - 15 cars lined up waiting their turn to pass on the right. I actually see women all the time merge onto a three-lane highway, immediately get over to the left-hand lane, then park their speed 5MPH under the limit. Was this maneuver something I missed in driver's training?
Further proof women were created to entice as well as annoy us.
What percentage of these slow driving women are hot?
Darth (the case study) Tang

aquaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3379260
If you use the two second rule it's pretty easy to see how close the cop is. Use the shadows of the cars on the broken white line. If the cop was a second behind maybe but it is more like a 10th a second LOL! I try not to hold traffic up but I like driving in the left lane. Once in a while I will zone out and hold someone up and I am honestly embarrassed when it happens and I usually drive 5 to 7 over the limit. I don't understand the idiots who will get in the lane and drive under the limit
That's fine if once someone realized I've wanted by and then moves over if it's not been some great length of time. But when I've seen these people check their mirrors, notice me, and still not moved, my frustration begins to build rather quickly.
Yea, I know the cop was pretty close. I was more so eluding to the fact I, myself, may not be much better, depending on how much more like the latter example I used, the idiots are. Therefore I personally can't criticize him too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3379299
Hate to make this sound sexist, but every morning when I'm heading into work, I will ultimately get behind this vehicle that's driving 65MPH or less in a 70MPH speed zone in the left lane, You can flash your lights at the individual, honk your horn at them, and they refuse to move over. When I finally am able to get around them using the right-hand lane, 9 times out of 10 it's a woman behind the wheel. It's like they don't understand the concept of occasionally looking in their rear and side-view mirrors. After you get by them, you can look in your rearview mirror and see a train of 10 - 15 cars lined up waiting their turn to pass on the right. I actually see women all the time merge onto a three-lane highway, immediately get over to the left-hand lane, then park their speed 5MPH under the limit. Was this maneuver something I missed in driver's training?
From what I come to gather, I believe it's more of a "the speed I drive at is fine for me, and therefore should be fine for anyone else" mentality. I'm def. not gonna say males don't do this too, but notice who the first ones who general call anyone going slower a moron, and anyone going faster a maniac, esp. if it's just a couple MPH difference. The only real caveat I've notice about women behind the wheel, is their ineptness to pass 18-wheelers (talking about on a multi-lane highway, not some backroad). Esp. if the conditions are not good (bridge, rain, etc). They'll drive right up to one to the 18wheelers blindspot, and just stop. Then take 2-3mins to "build up their confidence," I guess, as cars begin stacking up behind them. Then as SLOWLY as possible, just creep by sometimes shadowing the 18wheelers speed along side. I don't understand it. If they just pass with some type of speed/authority, it would be over and done with.
I can't say that 'shoot 3 lanes across into the #1 lane" maneuver is exclusive female. Seen a lot of males to it too. You answered you're own question though, "training." There is just not enough of it, and the effort, or there lack of, to get a license, is a joke.

desertdawg

Oh don't get me started....

I do know how to get them to move out of the way, I fly up to thier bumper in my vette at about double their speed. It's funny how quick they move over then...
Disclaimer: I don't usually drive triple digits in school zones or in front of police stations.
Desert (getoutofmyway) dawg

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdawg http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists#post_3379327
Oh don't get me started....

I do know how to get them to move out of the way, I fly up to thier bumper in my vette at about double their speed. It's funny how quick they move over then...
Disclaimer: I don't usually drive triple digits in school zones or in front of police stations.
Desert (getoutofmyway) dawg
HAHA...I'd hit the brakes
intimidation does not work with me.....BUT....rarely do I go under (or over) the speed limit