Let see those large tanks over 210gal.

rolling_g

I'm thinking about getting a larger tank and my 210 FOWLR is looking small what do people have out there ?

maxalmon

I'm not much of a post spammer, but I just posted this pic in my 215 journal in the reefsection, took this about an hour ago.

arod268

Originally Posted by maxalmon
I'm not much of a post spammer, but I just posted this pic in my 215 journal in the reefsection, took this about an hour ago.

Beautiful tank

maxalmon

It's still pretty much a new tank and only a few weeks old, as with all my tanks I'll add a sandsifting cucumber in another 2-3 months. It's the type of cucumber thats non toxic, I have one in my frag tank as well and he keeps the sand pure white.

azfishgal

It's still pretty much a new tank and only a few weeks old, as with all my tanks I'll add a sandsifting cucumber in another 2-3 months. It's the type of cucumber thats non toxic, I have one in my frag tank as well and he keeps the sand pure white.
Ok, you have to get me the exact name of that cucumber, or is that it "Sandsifting Cucumber". I need one. My Yellow Headed Goby died, but even when he was alive he basically just spread sand all over my corals. So if a cucumber will do the job without disturbing my corals that would be great!

teresaq

Max, love the tank. I really like your rock work. I am redoing my 150, and like how you have two sep piles instead of the rock wall I have. Very inspiring.

maxalmon

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Ok, you have to get me the exact name of that cucumber, or is that it "Sandsifting Cucumber". I need one. My Yellow Headed Goby died, but even when he was alive he basically just spread sand all over my corals. So if a cucumber will do the job without disturbing my corals that would be great!
Took me some time to find a cucumber that wasn't toxic, he's not much to look at, but he keeps the sand spotless. Let me dig up my records and see if I can find the latin name for this one.

bdhutier

Ok, you have to get me the exact name of that cucumber, or is that it "Sandsifting Cucumber". I need one.
FYI, they have them here for $10. here's a link:
Sand Sifter

azfishgal

Took me some time to find a cucumber that wasn't toxic, he's not much to look at, but he keeps the sand spotless. Let me dig up my records and see if I can find the latin name for this one.
I asked someone at my lfs and they said all Cucumbers are toxic, but only if it gets caught in a powerhead or something like that. They said if it slowly dies from starvation it won't be toxic to the tank. The lfs said I would probably need 3-4 to keep my 125 clean. How many do you have?

t316

I asked someone at my lfs and they said all Cucumbers are toxic, but only if it gets caught in a powerhead or something like that. They said if it slowly dies from starvation it won't be toxic to the tank. The lfs said I would probably need 3-4 to keep my 125 clean. How many do you have?
My lfs told me the same thing. I bought one several months back, but returned him today

I have read too many posts on here about them crashing an entire tank (big & small), and usually the poster states that they thought they had the "non-toxic" kind. I couldn't take the risk any longer. Mine was a "sand sifting cucumber", nothing pretty (terd brown & dark green), but noticed over that past two weeks he kept climbing the glass getting near the overflows & ph's. Good luck with yours...