Lets all frag the good stuff

ninjamini

OK. I have a 90 gallon that is several months old and I want corals. Which got me thinking. Those who have corals need to frag them for several good reasons.
1. We need to propagate the corals and make certain they survive.
2. We need to support out fellow reefers and promote the hobby.
3. If we frag and share then we keep help save the reefs.
4. Hell it grows more anyway so there is no real loss to my tank.
5. If you are in this hobby long enough your odds of a CRASH increase. Imaging loosing it all and having to start over. No imagine emailing several people that you gave frags to and getting a frag of your coral back.
6. A Frag is the best way to get a coral. If it grows up in your tank then it will thrive there.
7. Good Karma. What goes around...and all that jazz.
There are many more reasons to frag and share. So lets all do it. Especially if you have something cool, rare or unusual. If you have something that is easy to frag there is no excuse. So lets all start fragging and sharing. Trade them, sell them give them away. It will grow more.
Now go frag and share and let me know when they are ready and I will do the same.

swlover

But you have no corals to share LOL...I've got a mushroom or two, but I can't get them off the main rock without hurting them..they are dug down deep in the the rock or I would deffinately send you some. If you can find out how I can get them off safely I'd send you some..I believe I posted this before and got no answers..they are hairy mushrooms and are giants, one is probably 6" across and his babies are not far from that. They are competeing for the same rock and I thought by moving them close to another rock they might wander off..no way hanging on tight!