Lets Play a Game! Do you see the Lion?

hot883

Brain, bubble, elegance, & purple gorgonia may all get picked on. BUT, every fish is different. What do you have as fish wise? lbs. of rock?
I put 1 piece od green nori 2"x3" in the tank in the a.m. and the same size of red nori in the p.m. I feed formula 1 and 2 flakes, frozen cyclo-peeze, frozen squid, spectrum Thera +A shrimp pellets and a couple others. Of course i have several tangs too. Barry

cwgibson

actually i have almost the same stock list as you, great minds think alike.
ive got
hippo
kole
scopas
sailfin
2 true percs
2 clarki
2 sebae
4 chromis
2 engineer gobies
mandarin
exquisite wrasse
i also forgot that i have a rock of purple mushrooms
hey hot i dont know if you have seen my wave 2k thread,but you should check it out. i got mine this weekend and it really pushes some water! thanks again

cwgibson

what do you think of my fish? will they get along with the queen ? she will be the last i will be adding.

hot883

Your 6 clowns WILL be a problem sooner or later (for each other). I do not see any problem for the queen though. Barry

cwgibson

they all have there own section of tank and for the most part behave. they all have there own anemone to hang out in. one of the clarki's mortal enemy is my wrasse,they chase each other several times a day.

hot883

Oh, ok, sounds like you got it under control.
So ya thinking for sure with the queen? Go with a juvi for sure. Barry

cwgibson

yea juvi all the way, hopefully i can get a good one that will just eat what i feed it. i feed form 1,2,vhp,trigger,prime reef,clam,mysis,brine w/spirinula and omega 3,squid,emerald entree,marine cuisine,... that may be all i cant remember. i took all of those put them in a food processor and refroze.
can you imagine 6 clowns living together in one tank,talk about breaking all the rules. the clarki's are full grown,the true percs maybe halfway, and the sebae one is full grown and one is pretty small. i have a friend interested in the clarki's for here semi-agressive tank so i may let them go.

hot883

Just make sure you provide everyone a sheet of nori. My tangs eat out of my hand as I am placing the sheet on the clip. My pygmy angel even comes out and nips with all the big boys.
I am amazed about the clowns. :notsure: Makes one think

cwgibson

i forgot to mention that i have about 150lbs or so of lr. i have some more to add that i made myself,probably another 75-100lbs.

cwgibson

Originally Posted by hot883
Just make sure you provide everyone a sheet of nori. My tangs eat out of my hand as I am placing the sheet on the clip. My pygmy angel even comes out and nips with all the big boys.
I am amazed about the clowns. :notsure: Makes one think

fish are like a box of chocolates,you never know what you are gonna get.
my tangs will not touch nori sheets. they never will eat them,the sheets just break up and send my skimmer in an up roar so i stopped giving them.

hot883

Originally Posted by cwgibson
my tangs will not touch nori sheets. they never will eat them,the sheets just break up and send my skimmer in an up roar so i stopped giving them.
Have you tried putting a couple of drops of garlic on the sheets? It will boost their immune system AND cause them to go into a feeding frenzie when they smell it. You know I have many tangs and angels and they flock to it like crazy. I wish I knew how to upload a video, I would share feeding time at my zoo.
Barry

cwgibson

hot i hate to stray from this thread anymore than i have,but how do you get that coraline to grow? i cant grow any at all.

cwgibson

hey hot what is the smallest fish you have with your fuzzy, and do you have any shrimp. im thinking of putting the fu man chu in my 210.

hot883

I do have a coral banded shrimp. I have not seen my mithrax crabs in awhile though. Ha! Smallest fish would be my pigmy angel or the mandarin at about little over an inch. Whenever I feed the tangs and angels nori the lion always rushes up and you think oh no there goes a fish but she has never bothered them.

hot883

Originally Posted by shogun323
Barry,
What does your Fuzzy eat? Silversides?
~Wade
Wade, she eats silversides, freeze dried krill, squid cubes, flakes (when I feed the other fish) and bangaii cardinals. Ha! Ok, bad joke.