light timer questions

latinlord

Hello just yesterday i set up a timer on my lights... Other than the fact that I think I hooked it up wrong since I think that myblue light was on all night...
I am wondering what is the normal times that people set the white and blue lights to come on and both.
Do I have to have the lights on for at least 8hours?? I do have some fragspawn coral and my lights are T5.
When do you all set your lights to come on so as to give me some sort of suggestions...
Also I noticed that now since my lights are set on the timer, i have no control over the lights for example I tried to turn on my white light with my blue this morning and it wouldnt' come on.
Any thoughts??
Thank you .

meowzer

My actinics come on at 6:30 a.m...I have 3 250W Metal Halides with T5...My center MH comes on at 1:30....2 sides come on at 2...2 sides go off at 8...ctr MH goes off at 8:30...actinics go off at 10...night leds come on
There should be a switch on your timer allowing you to control the lights...then again...what kind of timer do you have (I thought they all had that switch) I have a few different types, and they do,