Lighting for 90g... help.

moepenny68

So Im having a hard time picking the right light...
Id like to keep some sps. I have a 150w mh on my 16g now and have some sps in there I would like to transfer.
I was thinking:
Nova Extreme T-5 Fixtures w/Lunar Lights 8-54w or Aquatic Life Light 48" T5 HO 6 Lamp 4 Lunar.
Any other ideas? Id like to stay around $500 (so the wife doesn't shoot me
)

wangotango

For $500 I'd look into the 8-bulb TEK fixtures. They're pretty good for the price and better than the Nova.

moepenny68

Ok I dont want to have to buy a new light in a year so what if I spent $800. Ideas? Any MH with T5s that people have been happy with?

flower

I just purchased a Coralife 2 X 175w MH with 96w Actinc, for my 90g. for $450.00 Googel a place with the names marine and the name Reef in it. I love it and its the right price.

slice

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3258383

I just purchased a Coralife 2 X 175w MH with 96w Actinc, for my 90g. for $450.00 Googel a place with the names marine and the name Reef in it. I love it and its the right price.

With all you have going on today, you are still here being cheerful and helpful...thats pure CLASS

nycbob

dont go cheap on lighting. u will end up paying more down the road. for a 90 gallon, get either 2 x 250mh or 6 t5 bulbs with reflectors. take a look at ati sunpower for $525 without bulbs or tek elite for about the same.

moepenny68

Hamilton Technology Belize Sun 48 inch MH & T5 Fixtures, 2 250 HQI Metal Halide Bulb & 2X54W T5 HO or
Marineland Marine Series Pro Metal Halide Fixture 2X150W HQI & 4X54W T5, 48 inch ? Anyone have ideas about these?