lighting help

rickyh24

does anyone know a website where i can buy a canopy for my 50 gallon already equpped with the lighting to handle most corals? ive been looking around and i cant find much. I need it to have a walnut finish to match my stand. any info would be great. thanks a lot

fishy1

hello!

My fish store can order anything I request. As a matter of fact, they JUST ordered me a twin tube light. I think it's too much for my tank, but here are the specs on it for you:
It's made for saltwater tanks by All-Glass Aquarium Company, Inc. and is called a twin tube strip light It has a reflector and the ballasts come with a 5 year warranty. :D
It's supposed to fit anything from a 30 gallon to 180 gallon and is 36 inches across. It might be great for you since you can put two different bulbs all the way across. It also comes in walnut.
I hope this helps!:joy:
Fishy1 :happyfish

robchuck

There aren't a whole lot of options nationally when it comes to canopies that can handle reef lighting.
Your best bet is to find a LFS that works in tandem with a local carpenter and sells their canopies and stands through the LFS; though you would still have to mount retrofit lighting yourself, unless the LFS is willing to do it.
Otherwise, check out custom aquarium builders. Alot of them also sell custom canopies and stands and could probably build one for you with lighting installed.
The only prebuilt type of lighting I'm aware of comes in black powdercoated hanging fixtures, and that doesn't meet your requirement of a walnut finish.