Lighting question

juiced_rl

I just purchased a satelite housing with 2 65 watt 50/50 PC bulbs and I have an additional housing that can handle 2 65 watt PC bulbs.
The question is should I get two more 50/50's, should I get two 10k's and two actinics or something else. Or really would it matter?
Also would this be enough light for a nice reef setup.
55 gal.

viper_930

two 10kks and two actinics would be nice for creating a dawn/dusk effect. Actinics come on an hour earlier than 10kks and actinics turn off an hour later than the 10kks. You can keep soft corals and LPS corals.

juiced_rl

That would have been my next question if I where to do seperate lights how should I setup the timing. So actinics always on first and last. How many hours a day should I have my tank illuminated? Right now I have a Green Ricordia and a few anenomes 1-condi 1-flower and 1-carpet. But I want to add more corals.

murph145

my total light timing is on for 12 hours....
acitinics come on at 11am then all at noon then until the daylights go off again at 10pm then actinics out at 11pm
i like the effect for now but im changing over my whole lightinng system im going to run MH's 20K for 8 hours and the acitinics for an hour before and after still