lionfish trouble

cartman101

i didn't delete anything
Well anyways i just want my lion to live, i'm one of those people who worry to much about something when its really nothing to worry about.

cubfan

Originally Posted by Cartman101
Lionfish swimming upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it easy!!! Swimming upside down is a normal behavior in lionfish. Both of mine do it all of the time. When I first got ine, it didn't eat for a week. I only feed mine twice a week. They eat 2 to 3 silversides each.

cartman101

Hes swimming in loops and getting stuck to the filters
Did you lion do that??? No.
I just dont understand..... why would the lionfish die??? My water quality is perfect.
Salt-1.024
Trate- 10
trite-0
ammonia-0
pH- 8.2

scubadoo

I posted the possible reason the lion died in another one of your numerous threads relating to this purchase.

xtech

my lion wouldnt eat anything either.....sometimes he would sniff at a piece of krill but not eat it....i gave him a few feeder guppies which he quickly swallowed and ever since he is eating everything...flake,mysis,krill, he doesnt pass up on anything and i do not feed him live at all anymore........
bp

nokturnal1

look you get fresh water gold fish and dip it in garlet 4 one day and give him 2 gold fish too see wat happens"
"
Originally Posted by Cartman101
Hes swimming in loops and getting stuck to the filters
Did you lion do that??? No.
I just dont understand..... why would the lionfish die??? My water quality is perfect.
Salt-1.024
Trate- 10
trite-0
ammonia-0
pH- 8.2

deepcdv

Your lion may have been sick when you bought it from the store. Mine was chowing down on guppies the first day. Got him eating chopped raw jumbo shrimp now but thats all he'll take and only if I offer it to him, he won't eat it dropped in the tank. But he is a pig and is growing like a weed.

aw2

The thing with cartman is that he doesnt have the filtration or the proper tank to house all these fish he keeps getting. He doesnt tell the honest truth about what filtration equipment he has. One thread, he'll state that he has 20lb of live rock with 2 hang on the back filters and then in another thread, on another board, he'll state that he has a sump with a protien skimmer, etc. etc.
Since he got that tank, he'd been adding fish when the tank wasnt ready. Whenever someone tries to give him advice, he calls them names and wont take advice and now his fish are dying and he cant figure out why.
He's a regular, over at grimreefers.com and you can see all of his other posts. His story changes from one forum to the other.
It's sad, really...

cartman101

:mad: i know who u r

[hr]
wipe!!!! The only person in the world who never gives me respect! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: How many times have i told you that i'm not getting any fish till after christmas and that i'm getting way more filtration for christmas??????

space_geek

Originally Posted by AW2
The thing with cartman is that he doesnt have the filtration or the proper tank to house all these fish he keeps getting. He doesnt tell the honest truth about what filtration equipment he has. One thread, he'll state that he has 20lb of live rock with 2 hang on the back filters and then in another thread, on another board, he'll state that he has a sump with a protien skimmer, etc. etc.
Since he got that tank, he'd been adding fish when the tank wasnt ready. Whenever someone tries to give him advice, he calls them names and wont take advice and now his fish are dying and he cant figure out why.
He's a regular, over at grimreefers.com and you can see all of his other posts. His story changes from one forum to the other.
It's sad, really...
First things first, this comment was uncalled for. I dont mean to sound like your kindergarten teacher, "but if u dont have anything nice to say, then dont say ANYTHING at all." We were all beginners at one point, and I am sure u remember what that was like. So LAY OFF WILL YA?!?!?! His tank is good for what he wants to do with it. I have seen pics of his filtration and all that, and you need to take a chill pill. He has NOT added fish when his tank wasnt ready, he just didnt know something. GIVE HIM A BREAK! We were all newbies at one point, and u are acting like a jerk! He doesnt call people names...at least without a reason. He DOES take advice, and he IS trying to make things better! So, just give it a rest! End of discussion.

mitzel

I have to agree cartman seems to have a good grasp on things and has good input on others issues . the guy had a bad deal with a fish he really liked and wanted . I can say He doesn't deserve your blatent attack on him. You only started posting here today and have handed out advice like government cheese . so back off the kid or go back to the forums you normaly hang out on.

aw2

I apologize to both you, Mitzel and Space_Geek, but he doesnt have the slightest grasp on anything in this hobby.
He constantly asks for advice and then doesnt take it, gives advice to people that he has no knowledge of ("You can put a ray in a 75gal. tank").
He is a beginner, yes...but one of the stubborn ones that ask questions, gets answers he doesnt like and then does it anyway. Then, 2 weeks later, it's "Hey, why did my lion die??"
I can post links for you guys to Reef Central where he claims to have certain things on filtration and then turns right around, on another board and says something comletely different.
I'm not trying to talk bad about the kid...just trying to give him helpful advice (like 500 other people) that he never takes and continues killing fish.

cartman101

KILLING FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FISH DONT DIE CAUSE OF MY FILTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FISH DIE BECUASE THEY ARE SICK. I TOLD U Y MY LION DIED, AND YOU THINKS ITS BECUASE OF MY FILTRATION?????? NO!!!!! IT NOT! :mad: GOD I HATE YOU SOOO MUCH! YOU ALWAYS GIVE RESPECT TO THE PEOPLE YOU LIKE BUT YOU HATE OTHER PEOPLE, YOU ARE A NAZI. :mad:

space_geek

Alright guys, lets not get racist now. Mods, lock this thread up. All it will do is aggrevate me and Cartman even more, and then who knows what it will turn into. Lets just drop this guys, and move on.

cartman101

I say u ban this guy then lock up this thread. This guy i know, hates me to death and thinks i kill fish in my spare time, he thinks i cant keep fish.

aw2

I never said I didnt like you.
I'm not trying to start trouble here.
I'm just giving the straight, honest facts about you.
No reason to be racist and call people names.