Lion's not eating

cubfan

Need some advice. Neither one of my V. lions is eating. Lola (about 2 years old) hasn't eaten for a week and Wayne(1 year old) hasn't eaten for 2 weeks. Wayne had a dislocation of the jaw a couple of weeks ago. He has had this problem before. I know this occurs and usually the lion can fix the problem themselves. My water parameters are all fine. My nitrates run about 40, but they always have. So, this problem is not new to my tank, which is a 150 gallon with the 2 lions as the only inhabitants. I tried ghost shrimp today, but nobody is interested. How long can lions go without eating. Both fish look fine, but I'm still worried. Please advise.

tainte97

I had the same problem with my lion a month or so ago. He still dosent eat like he used too. I think once they are mature they don't seem to need as much food. My nitrates are very high in my tank, like double yours and mine have always been that high so I don't think that would be the problem. I got mine eatting again by using live feeder guppie fish.