Live rock community?

billy2k1

I just got some pieces of live rock from a LFS two days ago and tonight i realized that i have some guest living in them and i have no clue what they are.Some of them look like small snails,i can see it's little antenas and they move around licking my rocks.Some other things look like little shrimps and they come out from any small hole in the rocks bringing what seems to be sand grains with them.They seem to be fixing their homes.Is this something bad or dangerous for my fishes?.This is my first time dealing with live rock and i think i know why people call them "live Rock".Any feedback will be really appreciated.

T

thomas712

Sounds like you have some common hitch hikers like pods and small snails that never seem to grow up. Both common and welcome additions.
Thomas

smoney

One major one to worry about is the mantis shrimp, If you hear a loud clicking noise then the live rock is a problem. I wouldnt really worry too much, sounds like a unch of great critters.

smoney

Im not too sure, I dont think so, my buddy had one in a 30 gallon tank all by itself, with liverock and sand thats all.