lost on what to do

julie

I am the worst luck on keeping fish. I have a 200gallon tank, but nothing will survive. I have 4 percula clowns, cleaner shrimp, goby, blennie. Put 2 pearl scale butterflies in last week, after 2 weeks of quarentine, they looked great and within one week they were died. I have 2 yellow tangs in another quarentine that have been there 3 weeks, afraid to put them in the 200 gallon tank. What to do? Nitrite, nitrate, ammonia, ph, sg, all good. The phosphate is a little high, but not bad. Any suggestions.

promisetbg

Phosphates are how high? Butterflies are very sensitive and cannot handle any parameters out of whack. Can you please post all the parameters including alkalinity? How are you acclimating? Is it possible the clowns are getting aggressive towards newcomers? What about temp? Do you have a heater set 1 degree below the high temp, so that it does'nt fluctuate? Are you topping off daily so the SG. does'nt swing? What were the symptoms of the butterflies before they died? What were the other fish you tried to keep? How old is this tank? How is it set up...does it have sump,skimmer,return pump? Just trying to think of all the possibilities. :thinking: