LS question

fishphreak

I am in the process of setting up a 75 gallon reef tank and I was thinking of using LS instead of CC. Is one better the other for a reef tank? What are the advantages/disadvantages of LS to CC?
I thought I would use LS for 75 tank and put the established cc from my 29 in the sump. I have read that it may be best not to mix the two but is that just in the main tank?
The cc that I was thinking about putting in the sump is very fine, almost like sand. Would that be ok or would it be better to use LS there also?
I just don't want to end up using the wrong thing and have to change it later. I would prefer to do it right the first time.
Thanks so much,
Jessica

bigarn

LS all the way! CC traps matter in it which can lead to problems down the road when it decomposes. :D

fishphreak

If I toss the cc and only use new LS will I have an established tank or do I have to go through the whole cycle process again?
Also, should I use the water from my 29 or should I just mix up new sw at let it sit for a week or so before putting it in the tank?
At what point should I move my fish, LR, and Coral to the new tank. Can I do it little by little or is it better to do it all at once?
Thanks again for all the help,
Jessica