Lyretail Anthia question

meemmoo

I got a male Lyretail Anthias from SWF last week and he comes out now especially when it's feeding time but I have not seen him eat once since I got him. Any suggestions?

florida joe

Just keep an eye on him fish will mimic eating by mouthing the food and spitting it our or just hitting it

stanlalee

when I had one the best thing I ever did to induce eating was add three more and removing the tangs for four days (well after the old female and one of the new females nearly faught to the death). Damn pigs afterwards!
Heres an old crappy video of feeding. they shouldn't be "coming out", they are the type of fish that are ALWAYS out and go in once in a while. If you have any fish that intimidate them or make them apprehensive they may have to be removed until they are eating or acclimated comfortably to the tank. they may never eat well otherwise. Mine used to do the same thing (take an occasional bite of mysis but never really eat even by itself in QT. it took all of one day for her to eat after adding the other anthias). my male turned out to be a badass chasing and fighting with my midas blenny from time to time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOdq1Spidg4