Macro algae with triggers

csr1

Not to be a bother to anyone, I know I have alot of questions but I am new at keeping large Saltwater tanks.
I have more than enough lighting to grow alot of macro's in my tank but I am wondering if I tried to do this and put say maybe a clown trigger, undulated, or other aggressive trigger in the tank would they literally just tear it up or would they only mess with it a little. I have seen tanks where it looks like a jungle of macro algae and always liked them but I like the aggressive tanks as well.
Would this be possible? Thanks

watcher

with respect to Grouperhead, but high nitrates aren't gonna kill them only make them thrive, they are an alge, they'll love the bad water....the triggers could nip and eat some of it, but if you get enough of it to take hold, it'll thrive and be a nice planted tank, really the caulerpa will grow faster than they can eat it.

My picasso eat most of the macro that came on a piece of live rock i added to his tank. I have also named him , i give the nice one to you all pa-psyco :p

watcher

it is true that triggers will nip at the alge, but they don't like alot of veg in their diet....also i dont know the specific thread at reefcentral.com but they had on going their that showed a great planted tank, it had a couple of different ones in there, all in all u should try it, if the trigger eats it, than u gave it a good meal, micro alge is pretty cheap anyways