Marine Snow

cyn

Who has used Marine snow and how did you all like it? I got a bottle when I was looking for DT's and am wondering what everyone thinks of the stuff.
cyn

y2says

I've used it before and I guess it was ok. I'm now using Kent phytoplankton. So far everthing in my tank seems to be ok.

adrian

Theres a great write up in the 2002 annual edition of marine and reef on different coral food additives, I personally have never used marine snow, an most likely I never will, not that it matters ;) , but Im pretty sure DTs is about the best phytoplankton available, short of making it yourself, and golden pearls are about the best coral food you can get based on their analysis and reputation. HTH

cyn

Thanks for the input. As I said, I was looking for DT's when I found the Marine snow. I will be going back to Houston on Tuesday to find DT's now.
I have been using the 'snow' for about a week and see no change in anything. I guess I should have posted here before I spent the $$. Live and learn. Any ideas on where to get golden pearls? Right now I am direct feeding my corals a mixture of Zoe, brine and formula 1. I really do not like the formula one either. I got that when I could not find Marine quisine. My fish eat anything I put in the tank, but I would like to see better growth on my corals. Who knows, mabey I am just being impatient!
Thanks again!
cyn

adrian

Golden pearls, <a href="http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com" target="_blank">www.brineshrimpdirect.com</a> a little goes a long way ;)