Maxima Clam Price????

grumpygils

I have a 6 inch pretty dark brown and gold tight pattern Maxima clam I want to sell. What is a good price for the buyer. No pic right now, he is sleeping.
Mc

drea

all depends on location, here on long island i see the babies for 80 5 inch for 100-125
i would do 75 minimum, someone will buy it

b0bby1

2-3 inches is around $60-80 depending on the color (yours would be a $60)
but since it is a pretty decent size, 6 inches, you could get an easy $150 for it maybe even more. i do the same thing, i buy squamosa clams when they are small for like 70 bucks, wait a year till they are 8 inches then sell the thing for $250!

grumpygils

Originally Posted by b0bby1
2-3 inches is around $60-80 depending on the color (yours would be a $60)
but since it is a pretty decent size, 6 inches, you could get an easy $150 for it maybe even more. i do the same thing, i buy squamosa clams when they are small for like 70 bucks, wait a year till they are 8 inches then sell the thing for $250!

I will try to get a pic of it. I was thinking $50, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. Hmmmmmmmm. Now I just sold a full 10" Sqamosa for $95. I think I need to start shipping!
Mc

t316

Thanks Grumpygils. Clam is adjusting well and looks great. I need to start a pic thread on my tank sometime soon, so I will include the Clam

grumpygils

Originally Posted by T316
Thanks Grumpygils. Clam is adjusting well and looks great. I need to start a pic thread on my tank sometime soon, so I will include the Clam

Send pics or I will spread a rumor that you keep yellow tangs in a 10 gallon sump with no lights.
Mc

t316

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Send pics or I will spread a rumor that you keep yellow tangs in a 10 gallon sump with no lights.
Mc
I'm working on it. I'm just camera stupid, so when I can steal my wife's, I'll try to figure out why everything keeps coming out blue, and never focuses very good inside the tank. But clam has opened on up now a couple of inches. Not sure how far they go so this might be fully open. Either way, I have heard no complaints out of him yet

grumpygils

I'm working on it. I'm just camera stupid, so when I can steal my wife's, I'll try to figure out why everything keeps coming out blue, and never focuses very good inside the tank. But clam has opened on up now a couple of inches. Not sure how far they go so this might be fully open. Either way, I have heard no complaints out of him yet

I don't think maxima clams open real far. Google it. Did you look at putting the lights lower?
Mc

t316

Originally Posted by grumpygils
I don't think maxima clams open real far. Google it. Did you look at putting the lights lower?
Mc
Yes, I looked at what we discussed. There is no extra chain, but it wouldn't be a problem to rig up. Priority right now is getting this RODI unit going. If I don't see a plumber's crack over here by Wed, I'm going to start a new trade myself. It can't be all that hard.

grumpygils

Yes, I looked at what we discussed. There is no extra chain, but it wouldn't be a problem to rig up. Priority right now is getting this RODI unit going. If I don't see a plumber's crack over here by Wed, I'm going to start a new trade myself. It can't be all that hard.

I can take a pic of how mine is cut in?
Mc

m0nk

Really, if you're dealing with mostly PVC, it's not too difficult, and far less costly, do DIY.

t316

Water is flowing baaaabbbbyyy.... Who needs a plumber anyway. He showed up about the time I was done