Memorial Day

hattrick58

"For many, this holiday marks the beginning of summer. Families are getting together for picnics and barbecues. Folks are heading for the beach or hanging out at a ball game. The kids will be out of school soon, and across the country, communities are coming together for parades and other festive celebrations.
But let’s not forget the real reason why this day has been set aside as a national holiday. Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died serving our country. Those of us who have proudly worn our nation’s uniforms don’t need to be reminded of why this day must be commemorated. It’s the time to reconnect with our nation’s history and our national values by honoring those who gave their lives for the ideals we cherish.
So please take a few moments and remember these brave men and women who are away from family, spouses, children, relatives and friends. Remember who they are, what they fight for and what they sacrifice for us. Remember those who fought and died on countless battlefields over 229 years. Remember the values they stand for, duty, honor, selfless service, liberty and justice. Freedom from persecution and freedom to pursue our choices, and our happiness."
Maj. Gen. Darryl A. Scott, USAF
29 May 2005

hot883

Amen, well said. I too am a Vet. and will be participating in a ceremony this morning as part of the color guard.
Proudly served 1983-2003 USMC

moby

My favorite quote
ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL.
God bless all our troops, ,my heart and the hearts of all will be with them today.
Moby
(James Mahaffey)
United states Navy 1984- 1990

lion_crazz

Very well said.
I have, and always will remember, appreciate, and support our troops. I have many family members that have served in the marines and the navy.

phixer

I always liked this one.
"If you can read thank a teacher. If you can read English thank a Veteran."

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Phixer
I always liked this one.
"If you can read thank a teacher. If you can read English thank a Veteran."
That is a great one.