Micro bubles

billy2k1

This is a simple question.I have a 30g tank and my skimmer is putting some micro bubles in it.I have a wet/dry filter rated for 75g and the skimmer is part of it.They are really small,almost look like dust particles.Is this dangerous for my fish?,can i just ignore them? :help:

squidd

Just ignore them...
Or you could put a baffle between the skimmer and return pump to "contain" the bubbles and allow only "clean/bubble free" water to get to the pump...

hot883

Plus they might slow up or dissappear all together after the new skimmer gets brokein. What type of wet/dry do you have?

mdog30001

where the protein skimmer pumps out put a sponge there and that can help get rid of the bubbles. Thats wat i did and it helped drastically

blemmy_guy

I have pretty much the same wet/dry, just bigger, and you shouldnt have any bubbles coming out??? they still would have to go over the blue pad, through your Bio Balls, through the Polishing sponge and back to the tank, there should be No bubbles! Is your filter set up right ??? I would check it and make sure it is. And one important thing, is your water level above the return pump??? That will cause micro bubbles and is usually the culprit. Let us know Todd

billy2k1

I know it is hard to believe but when i look into the filter chamber right below the bio-balls i can see them almost laughing at me.I don't understand how they can pass through all the different stages and make it into the tank.Let me mention that they are even smaller than the ones comming out the skimmer itself.I will do the sponge thing plus i will increse my water level a little bit and hopefully it will work.Thanks guys for the time to write your ideas.