Microbubbles coming from my Megaflow kit

juice_1080

I have a 75G Megaflow AGA tank and the water coming into the sump sends a crazy amount of bubbles with it. I have a Octopus NW150 skimmer in the chamber and then the water goes through a bubble trap and then to the pump chamber and into the Mag 9.5. The problem I am having is that the bubbles are making it back up to the tank. The water coming down from the tank has just about as many bubbles as the skimmer does.
Any suggestions on what I should do to fix this problem?
The line coming into the sump is 1 1/4" flexible tubing and the return line is 3/4" flexible with a ball valve. I also need to come up with a better way to plumb the tank than how it is.

Sorry about the pics I only have my phone right now.

coraljunky

Try adding water so that the return pump isn't getting water dumped into it's chamber. What are you using as a mechanical filter as the water enters the sump?

juice_1080

Originally Posted by coraljunky
http:///forum/post/2687097
Try adding water so that the return pump isn't getting water dumped into it's chamber. What are you using as a mechanical filter as the water enters the sump?
Nothing yet on the other side of the pump chamber there is a fuge but I still need the ls/lr etc for that (friday) should I have some carbon in there as well? If so where should I be putting it?