Mie's 12 gallon jbj diary

mie

I am in vancouver. I actually bought my tank from a guy in eugene a few years ago.

small triggers

<- Kitsap Peninsula,,, WOOP WOOP..
hey i just set up my 12g also,,,, all established rock and water from my 150g tank i was taking down...
Yous looks really nice and clean

halamaya

I love my tailspot he's so cool, he's got a buddy too, a Rainfords Goby. My Purple Firefish hangs out in the back on his own unless there's food. But the other two are almost always a couple inches away from eachother.
Can't wait to see what else you end up getting!!

btldreef

Originally Posted by Halamaya
http:///forum/post/3197422
I love my tailspot he's so cool, he's got a buddy too, a Rainfords Goby. My Purple Firefish hangs out in the back on his own unless there's food. But the other two are almost always a couple inches away from eachother.
Can't wait to see what else you end up getting!!
I agree! I love my Tailspot Blenny. Most personality out of all the fish I have. He's in my nano with a Yasha Goby, by far my two favorite fish ... (well except for my tangs that eat from my hand, but they can't go in a nano tank)

mie

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3197490
I agree! I love my Tailspot Blenny. Most personality out of all the fish I have. He's in my nano with a Yasha Goby, by far my two favorite fish ... (well except for my tangs that eat from my hand, but they can't go in a nano tank)
WHAT! I cant put a tang in my nano? Now what will I do.

The yasha gobie is cool but for the price it did'nt catch my attention enough to want one.

btldreef

Originally Posted by mie
http:///forum/post/3197967
WHAT! I cant put a tang in my nano? Now what will I do.

The yasha gobie is cool but for the price it did'nt catch my attention enough to want one.
I scored, $30 for the goby and the pistol shrimp already paired, or I wouldn't have one either.

mie

Well went out today with my wife and got a few things. She insisted on a suncoral, picked up a frag with three nice size feather/tube worms, also got a bi color blenny. Got some very pretty hermits as well, also threw in a pink rhodactis from my main tank, witch I put a hammer coral in.

mie

I am in love with these hermits, they are hawaiian zebra hermits aka left handed hermits. They are really bright in color.

mie

Still a little concerned about keeping it clean, all I have is two filter pads,carbon and a decent size cleaner crew with bi weekly water changes. Any pointers?

small triggers

yeah,,, a good phosphate removing media helps a BUNCH....just making sure you keep up on the w/c and regular weekly maintenance and youll be fine....(okay and not puttin 15 fish in there too, lol)
Have to say i really like those hermits,, ive never had any before,,,ever so i may have to give 1 or 2 a try.....(hoping my LFS is getting a shipment in tomarrow from Hawaii)

mie

Dang this forum moves fast. Got a question as you can see the pics are different, the inflated one is today. The sun coarl was put in on saturday it gets puffy at night, does this mean it is ready to feed? I have not seen any polyp extension yet.