mixing jaws?????

jonthefb

ok guys quick question here....we are gettign a killer deal on some blue spotted jawfish at the lfs i work at and i was just wondering if you could mix a blue spot jaw with a pearly jaw? i have a 65 gallon tank witha 6 inch deep sandbed with a lot of open sand areas.....just wondering if they would be compatible though...any suggestions?
good luck
jon

crispcritr

i had one of each, but it was in a 100gal. i think you be alright. mine ignored each other for the most part. i think you would have trouble if you had two of a kind

notimpressed

I would advise against it for a multitude of reasons. Bottom line is that they will fight and at least one of them would end up on your floor if your tank is not completely covered. That is not to say that if you only get one that it also will not end up on the floor. You need 2 key things for keeping jawfish and have them thrive, a DSB, and a 100% covered tank.
Good Luck, Jack

chinnyr

This may not help,but I had a pearly and two duskies in a 70gal fwlr years back.The duskies were added after the pearly and they seemed to get along.But,in true jawfish tradition the pearly jumped out of the tank from the stress I think.The duskies were agressive feeders and I think that bothered the pearly.

j21kickster

a pearly and a bluespot would be fine- as long as they stay fed- which i dont think would be a problem- a 65 would be large enough