Modeled People... now what?

killafins

Ok, originally for a photography assingment in college I modeled a good friend of mine and he came out looking fantastic... like it was amazing this POS manual camera coudl do it. So i did it for a few more poeple for funa nd well... they came out good but they weren't as cooperative and u know, the picture quality was cool but alot of them had more erros. ANYWAYS, what I'm wondering is because they gave me permission to take pictures of them, can i send it into magazines without a problem since i own the negatives or copywrite them? etc... i want to start doing this for people i don't know so i don't have the urge to strangle them as much.
But yeah, can i send them in? What i'm worried about is someone giving me permsision (i'll ask obviously) but them l8er being like, i didn't think u were serious or i didn't give u permission for THIS magazine or... I dunno...etc i guess

ronipa

It would seem you have the right to do with the pics what you wish. That's a really cool hobby BTW.
It is nice to know there are "cameras" out there that make the ordinary.... extraordinary! Maybe I could find one......
Roni

beaslbob

Originally posted by killafins
Ok, originally for a photography assingment in college I modeled a good friend of mine and he came out looking fantastic... like it was amazing this POS manual camera coudl do it. So i did it for a few more poeple for funa nd well... they came out good but they weren't as cooperative and u know, the picture quality was cool but alot of them had more erros. ANYWAYS, what I'm wondering is because they gave me permission to take pictures of them, can i send it into magazines without a problem since i own the negatives or copywrite them? etc... i want to start doing this for people i don't know so i don't have the urge to strangle them as much.
But yeah, can i send them in? What i'm worried about is someone giving me permsision (i'll ask obviously) but them l8er being like, i didn't think u were serious or i didn't give u permission for THIS magazine or... I dunno...etc i guess

Unless you have the subject's premission you should not publically display the immages. The example from an old commercial/contract law class was you take some pics of a friend. It's ok to put them in the family photo album but you can be successfully sued if you plaster them on billboards around town for instance.

killafins

Eww...
I woudln't do it without their permission but it's one of those things that I'm worried they may change their mind or friendship has ended or w/e...