mono

deejeff442

i have had a lump in my throat for a month,then sore throat and earache.thought i had throat cancer .but i was beat down for weeks.i finally feel better but now i have white specs on my throat .i guess they are called tonsil rocks.i have not had them out .
what a mess i have been.and to think school just started for all the viruses to get around.anyone else getting sick yet?

reefraff

I assume you've been to the doc?

I had a lot of trouble with my tonsils in my early 20's but rode out the storm. Still got em.

deejeff442

no doc yet.i just got back from buffalo .but i would assume since i had a burning sore throat and earache and it is now almost gone it aint cancer and there is mono going around i an ok.but the white spots are weird.i will get to the doc next week if it gets worse or stays the same.i also found a weird soft lump on my elbow today.mushy not hard like a tumor probably needs to be drained .my father has the same thing.this getting old crap sucks.all my life i have worked out and watched my diet but getting old will always get you in the end i guess

meowzer

I always thought white spots meant infection....which would mean an antibiotic is needed....

I would go the the dr asap....now only for your own health, but also because you can be contagious

deejeff442

oh i know mono is contagious so i have been being carefull around everyone.i have been sleeping in our spare bedroom away from my wife for the last two weeks.actually i was in buffalo last week at my parants and she was at her moms.weird i have been sleeping like a rock for the last two weeks.

oscardeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/380225/mono#post_3308655
i have had a lump in my throat for a month,then sore throat and earache.thought i had throat cancer .but i was beat down for weeks.i finally feel better but now i have white specs on my throat .i guess they are called tonsil rocks.i have not had them out .
what a mess i have been.and to think school just started for all the viruses to get around.anyone else getting sick yet?
See your doc, white spots could be thrush, strep, mono, cancer.

Get a good exam.

crypt keeper

sounds like strep to me as well. Mono robs you of any energy you would ever have. My brother and little sister had it. They missed months of school. You literally sleep all day. 16 to 19 hours a day is very common. Their spleens became enlarged and caused very bad pains in the sides. go get a z pak. knock it out in a few days. your body in fighting off an infection.

cranberry

The little one here just had mono a couple of months ago.... they don't keep you out of school anymore. He missed until the symptoms disappeared and then he was allowed to go back.

Doesn't sound like mono. He has strep ALL the time, and this was completely different. One thing that's going on at work, though, is everyone is having severe sore throats. It's weird. Not sick... just these incredible sore throats.

You need to go to a doc or NP and have that looks at.