Most expensive death?

kart racer

Here recently I lost an adult queen angel. Swimming one night before bed and lying on the bottom of the tank the next morning. $100 down the tubes. And we had her for 3 weeks. The LFS has a 2 week 1/2 credit garuntee on their fish.

thangbom

... man the pain the pain!!!!!! most expensive i lost was a tusk..$99. (he jumps!!!) then a $80 powder blue tang..re-something lion..1 tru perc...1 domino...2 blue damsal thingies.... all in my 2 tears od swf..

fishcrazy2

Im only 15 i raise my own saltwater no hellp from any1 it alot of work the last fish i lost was my clownfish 30$. that the first fish ive lost in 1 year i got my water tested and it was fine so i geuss he dies of old age but if u have problems I.M. me 1 day at Spitfire1124 alright :happyfish

michelle l

Originally posted by ThisisTodd
but come on...do you even want to see a sweaty guy in a bikini? most women will admit they would rather see a girl in a bikini than a guy in a .....speedo?
like elaine from seinfeld says...women are a beautiful work of art, men are so...utilitarian

Sorry, gotta disagree. I would much prefer a sweaty guy in a bikini...provided that he looks like Johnny Depp and not George Costanza! :yes: Seriously, I love the male body. Some women are just afraid to admit that they do too.
Back on topic.....my most expensive losses were many years ago when I had my first couple of tanks. Did everything all wrong! I put a big, georgeous Naso Tang in a 55 and lost it, I'm sure, because of stress due to the fact that I crammed him in far too small a tank. :scared: I can't remember what I paid for him, but I remember it was a lot. He died in under a week.
So, thinking that the problem was just that the tank was too small or the fish was sick from the beginning, I set up a new tank a few years later. The 2nd tank I set up was a 150H, and eventually I put an adult gray angel in it. The tank was still fairly new, I used tap water (bad quality to boot) and I faithfully ran UG filters because my LFS told me it was the way to go. Poor guy didn't last a month. I think I gave $150 for him, or something like that.
There were other casualties here and there that added up to a lot. I had the big tank, but I cut corners on the cost of filtration equipment. Let that be a lesson...
I was so turned off by the whole thing that I sold the tank and didn't get another for 10 years. This time I think I did it right. I realize that there are just some fish that are risky to keep so I don't even try because I understand that I just may not have the resources for them, and I stick to fish I am sure I can keep successfully.
Moral of the story: don't always listen to Joe Blow at the LFS. I learned the hard way. He may be as uninformed as the next guy!
Good thing I found this site!!

ssg_mm

I treid to get my wife to support my habit, so I let her pick out a fish. $10 Jewel damsel that lasted a week before a random $3 damsel nipped it's left fin and tail off. Poor thing could only turn right!

180dude

I loss everything due to a Damsel tasting a sea slug. The sea slug poisoned the tank and wiped out everything in a few hours. I was so upset that I sold everything. 7 years later i'm back at it again. This time i'm more educated on what I buy. That was a $1200 loss.

nyaux

I'm in nyc also an would like the address as well of the fish stores.. can you please e-mail me ..nyrangers22@yahoo.com thanks..

rcbruce

Let's see, in the past 6 months I've given the grim reaper:
2 clownfish=$16.00 each
1 lavender tang=$40
1 regal tang=$30
(no more tangs for me)
biggest loss $50 colt leather

mrdc

6 month tank and lost:
3 damsles due to cycling (LFS advice)
1 royal gramma (jumped ship)
1 CBA (ich)
2 cleaner shrimps (????)
1 emerald (????)
1 carnation coral
1 condy anemone
1 peppermint shrimp
few snails
Around $200 total. The carnation coral was $50 so it was the biggest loss. I'm actually trying to total how much I have invested in the tank currently. Don't like all the $ #'s I am writing down!!

N

n_sarno

$40 fire shrimp just dissapeared
2 pearly head jawfish one I paid $25 and one I paid $30 (bought at 2 diff lfs)
Coral Beauty $35
Bicolored angel $30
Clown $14
$10 pepermint shrimp
andd I think thats it... :-(
sucks

wdgosnell

How about this.....We had a really bad ice storm here in SC back in December. It knocked the entire upstate out of power for 5 days....here's what I lost:
Green Wrasse
Pink Psuedo.
FoxFace
Percula Clown
Clarky Clown
Long Tip Anomone
200 Snails
80pounds Live Rock
Leather Coral
lawnmower blemmy
....and much more that I can't even remember....now that was a shitty week!!

turboeel

Originally Posted by wdgosnell
How about this.....We had a really bad ice storm here in SC back in December. It knocked the entire upstate out of power for 5 days....here's what I lost:
Green Wrasse
Pink Psuedo.
FoxFace
Percula Clown
Clarky Clown
Long Tip Anomone
200 Snails
80pounds Live Rock
Leather Coral
lawnmower blemmy
....and much more that I can't even remember....now that was a shitty week!!
wow that sucks. 200 snails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

travis89

My tank is 6 months and I have lost
false perc clown- $20
6 line jumped- $40
midas blenny- $40
pep. shrimp- $15

phixer

Hmm it would have to be the Moorish Idol, only because I was stupid enough to even try keeping one. Now I just keep a fake ornamental one because its the closest I can get...