Mother's weapon of choice.

cheyco

Hi. Sister in law and I were talking tonight about childhood beating. Yes, back then they were beatings. It got me thinking about what other people's mothers used. My mom loved the belt. Oh and she did crack the hair brush on my brother once. My sister in law cracked her pampered chef wooden spoon. I don't think kids now days would have survived back then.

ohioguy06

:thinking:

Originally Posted by cheyco
Hi. Sister in law and I were talking tonight about childhood beating. Yes, back then they were beatings. It got me thinking about what other people's mothers used. My mom loved the belt. Oh and she did crack the hair brush on my brother once. My sister in law cracked her pampered chef wooden spoon. I don't think kids now days would have survived back then.
hmmmm my mom was a fan of just grabin me by the shoulder and deckin me in the chest!

aw2

I had MANY a wooden spoon broken on me. My mom used to buy them by the 10 pack.

ruaround

Belt, Hair Brush (my Great Grand Mothers Favorite), Wooden paddle with hole drilled out and oh yes the beloved hot wheel s track... Ahhhh...the good 'ol days...

27mtaylor

My mom would use a belt. i would only laugh, cause it didn't hurt much. That was a big mistake because when dad got home mom would tell him about it and he would wear my tail out with a 2 inch leather belt!

K

kimc

My mom & step dad used a wooden paddle and a leather belt on my sisters and I and they were usually drunk on martini's, so sad... I am so glad that I didn't turn out like them!!!

fedukeford

no beating ever for me, im onyl 13 so i dont know the pain of what you guys had to go though, it sounds VERY painful :scared:

coachklm

plastic flexible plumbing pipe .... it gets their attn.
i so remember " go get the belt" and i would go get the smallest one thinking it wasnt going to hurt .....ten minutes later is when my brother informed me about air resistance .

keleighr

Originally Posted by fedukeford
no beating ever for me, im onyl 13 so i dont know the pain of what you guys had to go though, it sounds VERY painful :scared:

if we got to "beat" kids like we used to wer wouldn't have half them acting like they do now

i come a Irish Catholic background

hot883

Wet hand while doing dishes. "Don't sass yo momma boy", Damn I can still feel the sting. People get thrown in jail now a days for the beatings we all got as youngins.

keleighr

i told my daughter she can call the police on me
but she better believe it will be real worth it for me to go to jail.
my daughter has no idea what a "beating" is. She has never experianced a real beating in her life
but if you want to make threats............................trust me i can threat right back

dogstar

It wasnt a " beating ". It was a spanking. and IMO it worked. I would have loved to have been sent to my room with all the toys and TV, but noooooo.

jmick

The thought of my mom's hand wizzing through the air still make me cringe. My dad never hit us, only threatened to when he felt we needed it.