Moving a 14g BioCube...need advice.

fenrir

Alright well I am moving about 2 miles down the road and I have two tanks to move and I was wondering if anybody has been in a similar situation and what you did. My 3 gallon pico will be easy all I have to do is take some of the water out and pick it up since it's all just once piece of acrylic. The Biocube on the other hand is what I am worried about. I am assuming I will need to take alot of water out and then attempt to move it. I have one false perc and a cleaner shrimp as well as some corals like frog spawn. Can anyone offer some advice?

nietzsche

hmm i had a friend move a 10 and we just picked it up and put it in his van and he drove it slowly all the way to his house. i would try to see if you can take some water out and put the corals and livestock in a bucket and see if you can try to keep the rock and sand under water.
i would move the tank with the rock and livestock in there ebcause it might fall over and crush your corals or fish

fenrir

Thanks, luckily most of my lr consists of 3 large pieces that arent attatched to each other so I am not worried about them falling over. I am mostly worried about the tank cracking if I pick it up.

alexknight

I have had to move my 24 Gal before, what I did is went to wal-mart and bought two 10 gal buckets and put the corals and fish in one and all the rock in the other, I just left enough water to keep the sand cover and then movie it all very carefully!! hope that helps you.

meleerock

Originally Posted by Alexknight
http:///forum/post/2623758
I have had to move my 24 Gal before, what I did is went to wal-mart and bought two 10 gal buckets and put the corals and fish in one and all the rock in the other, I just left enough water to keep the sand cover and then movie it all very carefully!! hope that helps you.
moved my 14g many times this way, works great.