MRC or ETSS

i<3fish

I am stuck between the MRC MR-2 and the ETSS Evolution 500 or the Reef Devil Deluxe. I am just wondering which skimmer to get! Thanks

i<3fish

So I need to decide between the Reef Devil Deluxe, the Revolution 500, or thr MRC MR-2. Please help!!!

tither

THEY ALL ARE GOOD!.. what ever you get the best price with shipping on... i think the aqua c EV series it the best myself, and it makes no noise (sucking air) anyway you will be happy with any of the ones you named. :thinking:

i<3fish

Thank you. But I was just seeing what the pros and cons of each are. Such as I have heard that MRC skimmers are loud, and that ETSS skimmers need alot of adjusting. That is what is making my choice so hard!

tither

then go with the acqua c ev...it's easy to adjust and quiet. top notch skimmer...super efficient.

aw2

I have not heard that MRC are loud...in fact, I have an MR-2. I have also never heard of the ETSS being hard to adjust.
Within the next year, I'll be purchasing something along the lines of the ETSS 3000 Commercial Quad

1iviper

i've been running an etss for about 3 years now and it needs very little attention besides a wipe down every now and then.only problem i've come across in that time is salt creep build up on the air intake fittings,enough to impede the airflow.the pump it takes to run it is louder than the skimmer so the skimmer noise isn't really noticed unless you listen for it.

acrylic51

Beckett skimmers regardless are noisier than needlewheel skimmers so if noise is a factor neither of the choices are good....Aqua C doesn't match up evenly with the 2 skimmers mentioned.......IMHO the MRC is a better choice of skimmer for the buck......The skimmers are upgradeable not like alot of other skimmers on the market meaning if you decide to upgrade to a bigger setup you could either opt for an additional injector or an extension riser tube on the MRC which the ETSS doesn't have that option as well......Customer service will be excellent with MRC. The owner Andy is excellent....There are mods out there to make silencers to quiet these skimmers up as well.....Do your homework before you purchase......All beckett skimmers need to be tinkered with a good bit to keep them running in top form.......