My 12Pack of Progress

druluv

Here's a little about my tank
48L X 24W X 24H
sump
48L X 24W
Here is a full view. I know my phot skills are crappy but I'm trying.

druluv

Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam
Nice stuff!!! Is that a trigger I see in the 3rd picture?
Yes, it is a niger trigger, Thanks for the nice words :joy:

180dude

I have a huma huma in my reef tank and I have had no problems so far. I feed the fish twice a day, which i'm sure make a huge difference.

druluv

Originally Posted by Laddy
Nice set of photos.
What kind of mechanical filtration are you running?

Thanks Laddy for the comments. My mechanical filtration starts with blue filter pads in my overflow, and a Aqua-C 180 Skimmer w/ mag7 pump. My sump is 48L X 24W, 75% of the sump is the fuge (ecosystem theory) part, the other percent holds my skimmer, carbon, rowaphos, and purigen reactors(Sort of Berlin theory).

ecosystem theory + Sort of Berlin theory = hybrid (I guess) :confused:
dude - seems like trigger are starting to get a got reputation now. I would still becareful around shrimp. My trigger seems to like the taste of pods now. I have watched him chomp one in half lol . I have a cleander shrimp in there but hasn't bother him as yet.

nemo lover

Nice..
druluv-If you dont mind me asking..
Is this a newer tank? Because I wasn't around for like a year. For some reason I keep remembering you as having a corner type tank, or something smaller. Is this tank, an upgrade from an older tank? no reason just curious.
I had a huma huma when I started sw. When I started upgrading to a reef he went to a new home. He picked at everything. But I think it was because he was their first a territory kind of thing. They are beautiful fish but I don't like to take chances.

druluv

Hi Nemo - The tank I had before was a 180, When I sold my apartment I got rid of it because it was poorly built. So I started a new one . I like the new set up better. The new one is wider.
Shoreliner11 - The third pic is not a leather lol.
It is an acro frag. :yes:
I just got it on sat. so it is still coloring up.

druluv

Originally Posted by nemo lover
yes- I like it also. good job and imo wider is better. :D
nemo - I forgot, the pipes I put on the bottom makes a world of difference in with my tanks flow. I placed a squid on a closed loop, so I get surge current from the bottom of the tank. I wish my sand bed would cover up all the pipes though. My tunze wave maker cause sand to shift, exposing my pipe work.

druluv

Originally Posted by Shoreliner11
I meant the picture above it. 2nd picture on your second post but 3rd counting the full tank shot above. :D
Aaron
Oh yeah right my bag :notsure: I think that one is a finger coral, not sure though.

dory36

Very, very nice, druluv!
I like your rock work the best. It looks really natural especially the way you've placed your corals. Keep up the good work! :joy:

druluv

Originally Posted by Dory36
Very, very nice, druluv!
I like your rock work the best. It looks really natural especially the way you've placed your corals. Keep up the good work! :joy:
Thanks Dory for the kind words :D