my 20g

crazy4reefs

these are the first pictures of my 20 gallon long that i have posted. the tank is a year old. not the best pictures though.

crazy4reefs

thanks, actually its pretty basic right now. i ran it about 8 months with a HOB and 2 power heads.with a small amount of corals . i have 2x65 watt lights, one 10k,one actinic03.
i had to break dowm my 46 gallon tank a couple of months ago so i took my favorite corals and put them in my 20 gallon. i am going to start using a bak pak 2 skimmer as soon as i get the parts needed. i also moved it to a stand and i thought it looked kinda neat. someday i will set up my 75g.:)

crazy4reefs

i am thinking about adding a yellow watchman goby and a purple fire fish and also trying for figure out how i can add more corals, space is kinda tight. :joy:

crazy4reefs

i did alot of work on this tank, i painted the back and bought a new stand for it. i am thinking about building my own canopy and putting 1 250 MH and 2 (unsure about what watt) vho actinic. any more input. :)

gjuarez3

What kind of lighting do you have right now. VHO, power compacts? How many watts? I have a 20 gallon and would like to know. Also, do you add calcium or any other supplements? I need a little bit of advice. thanks
Jerry

crazy4reefs

right now i have 2x65 watt power compacts, 1 10k and 1 actinic. i decided to go skimmerless so i do a 1 gallon water change every week. the day after my water change i check my levels ( calcium and alk) and add calcium if needed. i mix it in with my top off water. every day i dose B-IONIC and that usually keep my levels up. the only other thing i dose is coral vite by kent. i just dose 2.5 ml once a week. hth

cliffrouse11bas

Looks nice I am looking forward to seeing how that clam does in the long run under those power compacts. I might try a squamosa in a year in my tank..

crazy4reefs

thanks,i got that clam in febuary of 2003. up untill about 3 or 4 months ago it was in my 46 gallon tank under pc's. it was on the bottom of the tank and i had 2x96 watt pc and 2x55 watt pc's. though it has not grown fast it has grown some. so hopefully i will be ok since it is closer to the light.