My 29 Biocube

anjiro

Been on here a while and just wanted to post a few pics, the tank has been up since Jan 09, and I want to add some more corals, but I am pretty content with what is in there now...

anjiro

As far as livestock I have
Lantern Basslet
Green Mandarin
Dusky Jawfish
Firefish
Porcelain crab
Serpent Star
Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
6 hermits
3 mexican turbos
8 astrea snails
5 nerite snails
2 emerald crabs
Corals -
Assorted cheap zoas,
Hammer
Green eye pink chalice (couldnt get a decent pic)
Orange, green and purple rics
Some kind of leather... Any ideas?
Green star polyps

aquapod 24

I like the dark sand and the rock work,very unique. Do you have a refrigrium to breed pods in for the mandarin? The crab looks cool.=)

anjiro

Originally Posted by troy989
http:///forum/post/3151881
post a pic of the mandarin i love them!
AQUAPOD 24 I like the dark sand and the rock work,very unique. Do you have a refrigrium to breed pods in for the mandarin? The crab looks cool.=)
Well the mandarin is a little elusive and I'll try, I tore the back of the biocube and put cheato in. I took out all the bio balls, and cut the back of the canopy and added a CPR bak Pak skimmer, I guess the pods live in the cheato, but I have so many they line the walls of the tank, I scraped it before I took the pics but I have pods everywhere.

anjiro

The tank has come slower than I would have liked, I've had a few set backs, hydroids took over, lost quite a few fish, but even now I seem to have a shrimpy problem and I set a trap tonight.
I think I have a mantis shirmp.......
So that porcelain crab I took several pics of, I found completely hollowed this morning, Now I've never been able to keep nass snails they just all seemed to dissappear, and I've lost about 20 hermits, but I never really attributed it to something else in the tank. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a mantis..... I've also lost a peppermint shrimp somtime in the last week......
Any Ideas?