My 300Gallon

a&m aggie 04'

looks like you need a few more inches to me, how deep is that??
Tank looks great though, You're gonna have fun with a tank that big.
Good Luck,
Mark

krunk

the tank is so big makes it look like 1 inch! You dont need a dsb, it just helps alot. You can always just install a fuge.

stacyt

What type of filtration setup do you have? You could always setup a fuge with a DSB.
Great looking tank BTW. Bet you had fun stacking all that LR.:D

austinreef

Nice looking tank. I would hate to try and find a dead fish in all tha rock! When I move into a house next Feb, I would like to get something that big..

fishy88

cool! im setting up a 300 soon, i hope.lol how many damsels did you cycle with? and what king of skimmer?
thanks

holloway

I have a 36" tall euro sump. Dimension 34'X12"X 16" .Pumps (return) Sedra 20k. Sedra 12k. 36 W U.V. Sterilizer w/ Sedra 2500. G-3 skimmer. I'm going to replace 2 sedra 5000's and the 2500 w/ 1 Sedra 12000. Too much heat generated from all those submersible pumps. What's a fuge? I better research that.
I put 12 damsels in to cycle (Bad, I now know) 2 have died. I'm going to try and remove them based on people's advice.

stacyt

Getting those damsels out is going to be a lot of work. You'll probably end up restacking the LR.:eek:
Do a search on fuge, and refugium. You'll find lots of info. The main reason most add a fuge is to grow calupra/macro algae, to help keep nitrates in check. Also good for growing copepods, amphipods, and if lighted 24/7 will help stabalize the ph.

bigjohn

man, i love your tank! You are going to be able to sit and watch that baby for hours! If you don't mind me asking - how much money do you have in it already?

firegarden

I love the room color to...our bedroom is similar to that color with white trim. We painted the tank white (it's in the bedroom), I really like the black though! Look forward to seeing your progression.:cool:

holloway

Thanks, my wife and I painted each room a different color. (New home). I have app. $10,000 invested to date. Keep in mind I've been shopping at the most expensive LFS:confused: ) I still need to invest another $1000 in the proper lighting for sps.:eek: