My 60, sill in progress...

saltwater8

I am about to aquascape my 60 and love the way yours is laid out..
Do you have any pics from the side or from the top by any chance?

***)

T

tampausmc

wow......are you sure that's a 60? it looks more like a 75 at least........looks amazing though

saltwater8

Originally Posted by tampausmc
wow......are you sure that's a 60? it looks more like a 75 at least........looks amazing though
Exactly!

That's why I would like to see how the rock is laid out from the top/sides. So when I aquascape my 60 it looks as big and roomy!
:happyfish

saltwater8

For some reason he's stopped responding to the thread even though his green light is always on...
Oh well...
Nice tank though...
***)

kindbuds2k

Sorry! I have been reading all the old archives. Yes my tank is a 60 gallon. And no I don't have any top shots, sorry. I have rearranged it a little bit since the photo. Added some new corals, and removed the chromis and clowns. I will be taking pictures soon. I will get some top shots as well. Thanks for all the compliments. Sorry it took so long to reply.

saltrookie

Looking at your tank makes me super excited about getting my 65 today. I can only hope my looks as good as yours. :cheer:

kindbuds2k

Amazingly all I am running is a CPR Aquatics Bak-Pak 2r+ skimmer. The main display's overflow box takes the water first to my 15 gallon witch has a bare bottom with live rock growing all kinds of sponges. This is where my skimmer stationed. This is my cryptic refugium. There are no lights on this tank. It sits in the dark. Than that has a 1" bulkhead in the bottom of the 15 gallon draining that water down to the 30 gallon refugium under my 60 gallon main display. This is where it travels through my mini frag station, than through to the refugium chamber with a DSB and all kinds of macro algae. The frag station and the refugium are lit with 2 – 65 watt PC 50/50’s. Than to the return chamber where it is pumped back up to the main display with a Mag 7.
That is my filtration and it seems to be doing a great job. I would like to eventually get the ASM G1 for my setup. But other than that sometimes I will add Bio Chem Zorb. I will put a pouch in the cryptic refugium. I do water changes every 3 weeks and I change about 20 gallons of water.

saltwater8

Thanks a lot!
Much better idea of how it's set up looking in from the side!
So, you have about 4-5 inches of sand showing all long the length?

kindbuds2k

You mean from the rock to the front glass? If so, than yes, it’s about 3”-4”. I do that to make swimming room and to give the illusion that the tank is bigger than it really is. Plus personally I like the look of the sandy bottom. That’s why I make so many caves and ledges.

clown123

ur not having problems with all those damsels i noticed u have all clowns and damsels and a royal gramma that tank is awesome though!!!

kindbuds2k

Yes I was having problems. The Green Chromis were OK, but the clowns hated each other. But the worst was the little Yellowtail Damsel.
He was a menace!! Finally I got the time to get them all out. My fish list is now a lot smaller. It consists of:Pair of False Percs
1 Red Sea Eightline Flasher Wrasse
1 Firefish Goby
1 Hi Fin Red Banded Goby
1 Royal Gramma
1 Baby Blue Hippo (Was in my 100 gallon, but soon going back to LFS)
Here are some updated pictures:
Full Tank:

Ricordias:

Electric Crocea Clam:

Linkia Star:

Clowns Hosting Zoanthids:

One of the new Acros. Starting to get some color:

denny-boy

I agree with everyone...That rock work is amazing it really does make the tank look huge.
Can't wait to see what you do with the 100gal