My 70 gallon

wax32

Here is a current shot of my 70 gallon which has been up and running since being restarted 10-7-05 after Hurricane Katrina killed it.

Fish: Dascyllus trimaculatus, Chrysiptera cyanea, Synchiropus picturatus, Cryptocentrus cinctus, Halichoeres iridis, Salarias fasciatus
Coral: Discosoma spp., Zoanthus spp., Protopalythoa spp., Montipora verrucosa, Favia sp., Xenia sp., Pachyclavularia violacea
Inverts: Trochus
sp., Astraea
sp., Nassarius
spp., Cerithium
sp., Calcinus tibicen, Calcinus elegans, Calcinus laevimanus, Clibanarius tricolor, Mithraculus sculptus, Paguristes cadenati, Fromia milleporella, Ophiolepis superba

Lighting: 380w of VHO (bulb change overdue)
Filtration: Penguin Biowheel 350 (GASP!) hanging on the side of the tank, the return flows from left to right.
This is a reef-ready tank. Water goes from my overflow to my sump (nothing in it but some live-rock rubble for pod production) and back into the tank via an Eheim pump.
I run no skimmer and have no sand-bed or "mud" in the sump. The sand-bed in the display ranges anywhere from bare to 3" deep. (The blue devil tends to move it around.)
I have no powerheads or other flow generators besides the return from the penguin.
I try to do weekly water changes, but it is probably more like monthly. I don't dose any additives.
The Trochus
snails began with me adding maybe 5 large individuals when the tank was first set up. The have bred repeatedly in the tank and now I have maybe a hundred or more small to medium sized ones. They have totaly out competed the Astraea
snails for food, I have maybe 2 or 3 of them left from the few dozen I added back at the beginning.
Any questions?

wax32

Now for some random photos of the critters...
Yellow Watchman Goby, Cryptocentrus cinctus

wax32

Blue Devil, Chrysiptera cyanea

The flash blows this guy out, he is a much deeper blue and his tail is much more orange.

bronco300

looking good there wax!!!! here i thought id see a wildfire of mushrooms since you said you got into them so much

wax32

More Discosoma spp.

There's a few more for ya. As you can see, I do still have some zoanthids.

autofreak44

Originally Posted by wax32
Discosoma spp.

The shrimp is a Lysmata debelius
all i can say is.... how much for those zoos in the corner?!?!?!

bronco300

Originally Posted by wax32
Hey now!
I studied just as much photography as she did in art school...
lol, oh alright!!
i wont pester you since you have your....problems