my angel has pop eye and a sore

does anyone have any experience with this typoe of disease?? my angel is not eating and behind my angels side fins looks like it is sore like the scales are coming off or whatever.. and i know it has pop eye.. its eyes are cloudy and both of them are bulging.. is there anything i can do for the guy or is he doomed??
my water parameters are all at 0.. i just did a 25% water change last night,,

umm its a fairly new additon.. i have had him for about 1 and a half months now.. and no :-/ i dont have a quarantine which i know is bad.. i need to set one up asap

sepulatian

Has the fish been netted recently? Is another fish harassing him? Without a qt there isn't too much that you can do. I would set one up ASAP. IN the meantime time, add fresh garlic and selcon to his foods.

there WERE fish bother him.. but i took them out about a week or 2 ago.. and he has just progressively gotten worse since then.. so im hoping her gets much better..
i will add garlic to the food i feed him...
hopefully its not an internal parasite.. because i have heard that it can affect my other fish also if in mfact my angel does die in the tank...
he is not eating though.. any idea on how i can make him eat?? no i havent netted him lately..

sepulatian

How long ago did you take out the problem fish? It certainly does not sound internal to me. What kinds of foods have you been trying to feed him? Have you tried adding garlic to the food?

kazarko

have some antibiotic and anti fungal meds handy. some of my fish are having the same symptoms. A bacterial disease like vibrio can kill fish really fast(one of mine died within a day) and the only visible signs can be a red sore or a pop-eye. If it is a bacterial disease, it may spread to other fish and kill all the fish. If possible I'd move the guy to a QT tank.

no i havnt been feeding him garlic yet.. but i am going to go to the store and pick it up tomorrow when i go into town.. ill pick up a clove or so..
i feed them mysis shrimp on one day and then the other day i will feel them pellets and a sheet of seaweed..
i hope i am giving him the right diet..
he doesnt want to eat.. so should i try to force him to eat???? i mean i know it sounds odd but could i get him out of the wate rand put a pellet in his mouth or a mysis>> i had to do that with one of my cichlids before and they survived!!! i was shocked..
so.... if its not internal thats good.. i didnt think it was either.. by what i have read..

sepulatian

Originally Posted by parkercandleco
http:///forum/post/2457982
no i havnt been feeding him garlic yet.. but i am going to go to the store and pick it up tomorrow when i go into town.. ill pick up a clove or so..
i feed them mysis shrimp on one day and then the other day i will feel them pellets and a sheet of seaweed..
i hope i am giving him the right diet..
he doesnt want to eat.. so should i try to force him to eat???? i mean i know it sounds odd but could i get him out of the wate rand put a pellet in his mouth or a mysis>> i had to do that with one of my cichlids before and they survived!!! i was shocked..
so.... if its not internal thats good.. i didnt think it was either.. by what i have read..
No, don't force feed him. Does he go after the food at all or does he hide when you put it in? Have you tried mysis in a turkey baster and squeeze it out by him?

alex4286

if he still goes for the food, he has a chance!
and if the harassing fish are out of the tank, then diet is the only thing that can help him. chances are he has a bacterial infection from the fighting or whatever. boost it ASAP. chop up really fine garlic and soak it in all the food before you put it in the tank. Also get some meds from your LFS ASAP.

ya he will just run away.. he used to be so happy and swim up to the glass when he saw me on the outside.. but now hell just hide from me
it makes me so sad because i love this fish so much..
well i guess he probably wont make it.. because he will hide in the rocks when i feed the fish.. even if i throw the food right over him..
i bought some garlic today and soaked it.. and fed the food to all the fish..
i did treat the whole tank with melafix for a week like stated.. his body got better.. but not his eyes.. and it didnt make him want to eat.. he has been like this for about a week..
so i guess hopefully i will wait for him to turn around and grab some food.

bon-bon489

Hey there... I came across your post and thought I could give some advice because my angel fish just suffered through the popeye diease... he only had one sore though...
I purchased Maracyn-Two and followed the directions competely... I have a 55 gallon tank... no QT tank. The Maracyn-Two can be used in your main tank... but its recommended to use a QT. I was desperate... competed the five day treatment in my main tank... all my other fish and inverts are fine... and my angel's eye's are back to normal. They started going back in on the five day of treatment.... and after that he looks fine. The scale on his back still looks like it could or should fall off... but other than that he is fine.
I noticed the diease onced his eyes popped out... and he never had a problem eating so i dont have any suggestions on that.
I hope your fish gets well soon!!

bon-bon489

Alrighty... goodluck!!
It was a stressful five days for me... and I spent a number of hours just staring at my angel and wishing his eyes would look normal again. The medicine tinted my water a greenish color... but it was cleared up by the morning... and everything in the tank acted normal.

alright.. well thats no biggy.. i dont have any corals or anything so im sure it would be okay to go ahead and use it in my main tank.. ya.. lol i will sit there and stare at my tank hoping my angel comes around!!!

ok so i jsut thougt i would let everyone know that my angels eyes arent enflamed anymore.. but HE STIll is not eating ( well not that i can tell) and his skin/scales are lighter in color??? i have been feeding with garlic.. i actually just dump the garlic bits into the tank.. so the fish can feed on them.. and they seem to like them.. because they are gone quick..
so does anyone know why his scales are whiter in color?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by parkercandleco
http:///forum/post/2463138
ok so i jsut thougt i would let everyone know that my angels eyes arent enflamed anymore.. but HE STIll is not eating ( well not that i can tell) and his skin/scales are lighter in color??? i have been feeding with garlic.. i actually just dump the garlic bits into the tank.. so the fish can feed on them.. and they seem to like them.. because they are gone quick..
so does anyone know why his scales are whiter in color?
Fish sometimes will not eat when they do not feel well from infection. How long has it been now? I am glad that the pop eye is gone. That is a good sign.

umm.. the super bad infection has been about aweek.. and i assume thats been how long since the fish has atre anything.. he may be nibbling at night when i have the lights out..
im not sure.. but he seems to be doing alright i guess. besides he is still hiding and not eating :-/ maybe he is hiding so he can die alone.. im not sure.. but i certainly do hope thats not the case