My first SWF order

dkw27

I ordered 2 black and white false percs from SWF, they arrived today and are doing great! They were packed extremely well and were swimming around like crazy during the acclimation process...They are doing well in my tank and seem happy & getting along with everyone....I'm very satisfied with my first livestock order from SWF...

kjr_trig

Nice!! Good to hear, got any pics? I saw the B & W's on SWF, they sound very cool. How big do they get?
Played golf at Gold Canyon a month ago BTW, is that where you live?

dkw27

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Nice!! Good to hear, got any pics? I saw the B & W's on SWF, they sound very cool. How big do they get?
Played golf at Gold Canyon a month ago BTW, is that where you live?
I do live in gorgeous Gold Canyon, have been here for 10 1/2 years....I've been wanting to take some full tank shots, plus close-ups, so this will make me get off my butt and do so....Pics to come soon....False percs can get to be around 3.5 inches long full grown....They are so adorable...Great addition to my tank....I highly recommend SWF!

dkw27

I got up this morning and only see one B/W perc..The lights are still out, but the clowns always stay in view, even when everyone else is in the rocks...So, it's looking like one didn't make it thru the night....I hope I'm wrong, they were doing so well yesterday....I will have to find out when I get home from work and the lights are on, but right now I have my doubts....

chris22582

Look in your overflow if you dont see him. One of my clowns has ended up in there twice in 6 months. Dont get down to fast. He could be anywhere.

dkw27

Originally Posted by Chris22582
Look in your overflow if you dont see him. One of my clowns has ended up in there twice in 6 months. Dont get down to fast. He could be anywhere.
He's not in the overflow, and if he did pass during the night, my clean up crew made quick work of him....

renogaw

unfotunately, because you didn't QT the fish you cannot observe them. who knows if it is dead, stuck in a rock, or just hiding. if it is dead, then your clean up crew probably ate it already and you cannot return a fish carcass you cannot find.

sambasam

talk to SWF they are a lot less strict on these things than you thought. so just call them up and tell them what happened.

dkw27

Originally Posted by SAMBASAM
talk to SWF they are a lot less strict on these things than you thought. so just call them up and tell them what happened.
I sent them an email and told them the body is no where to be found....If he were alive, he would be swimming with the other perc....No one in the tank bothers with the percs, so I'm sure he's gone....

dkw27

It appears the second B/W perc is now gone...Everything fine during the day and mysteriously they both disappear during the night...My water parameters are perfect, so that's not the cause....I saw this particular fish eating just fine yesterday and swimming around like normal....That's a lot of money to be out just because I can't produce 2 fish for credit....I guess I will stick to my LFS from now on, this was a costly lesson, just hope SWF will answer my email and make things good....I find it hard to believe that anyone can produce a body if they have a clean up crew...I know some of you will say use a QT, but I'm not able to do so right now and all my other fish have been doing great....

Good luck on getting your money back..I sure didn't ..#1 it would have cost me more to ship the bodies back then it would to get the credit. One of the wonderful things about SWF.com.< (sarcasm) Other companys won't ask you to send the bodies back. Other companies would just give you credit for it or send you a replacement as soon as you call them, email them, or go to a reef forum that they sponsor. You don't even have to provide them a picture, they go by your word. This is what saltwaterfish.com won't do for you and I'll be extremely surprized if they even contact you. Again..I wish you all the best and hope you get credit for your loss

puffer32

I am sorry about your clowns, did you acclaimate them awhile with drip method? As for getting your money back without returning the dead fish, thats just not good buisness sense for anyone to just take your word they died and your water was perfect, so they should just return your money??? You may be honest but not everyone is, and they would take advantage of this gurantee Money back gurantees without the dead fish or a sample of your water is unheard of even LFS want proof it wasn't your fault the fish died. Sadly your word isn't good enough these days because of dishonest people.

dkw27

They contacted me today, which was very prompt for the amount of emails they get in a day and took care of my situation very professionally...I just took delivery on a scolymia that was in the EIBI menu and I think it's going to be awesome...Great color, even though it's still somewhat closed and stressed...Should be fine in a few days....I will definitely order from SWF again, but sure wish I had the b/w percs as opposed to the credit...I waited a long time for them to become available and was so excited to have them, just wish I knew what happened, everyone else is so happy, coral and fish alike....

dkw27

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Is your tank covered? If not check behind the tank. They may have jumped.
Yes, may tank is covered....I even emptied the overflow and found no bodies....Can't figure out why they died, they looked so healthy and happy, both were eating and seemed to settle in just fine...I'm bummed they are gone, they were nice looking fish...

dkw27

Originally Posted by puffer32
I am sorry about your clowns, did you acclaimate them awhile with drip method? As for getting your money back without returning the dead fish, thats just not good buisness sense for anyone to just take your word they died and your water was perfect, so they should just return your money??? You may be honest but not everyone is, and they would take advantage of this gurantee Money back gurantees without the dead fish or a sample of your water is unheard of even LFS want proof it wasn't your fault the fish died. Sadly your word isn't good enough these days because of dishonest people.
I did drip acclimate them, just like I do for all new fish....It's a mystery as to why they died...But I do know I have a great clean up crew, so there is no trace of them anywhere...