my first swft

zap800

this is after i added 15 lb of aragalive and 20 lbs of pink flamingo. will this thing get like this again if i add more aragalive or was it from the pink flamingo?

zap800

its now like this. i know i need more rock but i want to get the sand bed the correct depth. and then start the rock. i just threw those in cause i had a couple of dollars left after the tank, the lights, the magfloat, the salt, the hydromator, the test kit,the heater,and the ocilating powerheads. lol so can anyone tell me if i will go through the whole milk in my tank look again if i add more aragolive sand in it

Whoa ... thats gonna take a while to settle !!! Next time you do it, put a dinner plate onto your substrate and slowly pour the water onto the dinner plate. This way it wont cause debris and dust from the sand to fly all around your tank, and by doing this, your tank wont become nearly as cloudy if at all.
That cloud you have in your water may take a week or longer to settle. So just be patient, and then do what I did as stated above.
Goodluck!!!

zap800

well i filled the tank and then put the sand in i figured that it would kick all the baceria around the tank so i can coat the dead pink flamingo too

Nah ... The bacteria in the sand will spread through the whole tank once the water is added. If you are going to add more sand, do it in small cups to keep it from geting real foggy and cloudy.

frozenice

wat is raw shrimp...not a cleaner shrimp rite??? u mean like goto publix buy a dead uncooked shrimp and put it in the tank?