My Little Piece Of The Ocean... 46g Bow Front Build

S

siptang

phily - Maybe so. My pair always stay close to one another too.

phillyboi

i just bought some Live Phytoplankton and wanted to know how should i feed my tank once a day once every two days or so on...

snakeblitz33

It's got pretty good instructions on the bottle. Lol. I have fed my tank anywhere from every day to every week. Depends on the bioload.

phillyboi

water is a littile cloudy so i checked water levels and got
ph - 8.2
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0
so i did a water change to see if that helps out... can any one tell me why would the water be a littile cloudy...

phillyboi

are blue damsel's known to mimic other fish becuase i catch mine from time to time with my yellow tang picking at the rocks for algae...it's kinda cool..

cjworkman

Just a note about your Damsel.
They are suprisingly aggressive. If you put Chromis or Cardinals or something peaceful and smaller like that in there the damsel will probably kill them. just FYI.

phillyboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjworkman http:///t/391191/my-littile-piece-of-the-ocean-46g-bow-front-build/80#post_3474727
They are suprisingly aggressive. If you put Chromis or Cardinals or something peaceful and smaller like that in there the damsel will probably kill them. just FYI.
yeah i know but i been keeping an eye on him and so far he has not been aggessive at all he's doing pretty good with all the other fish in my tank..

xcali1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjworkman http:///t/391191/my-littile-piece-of-the-ocean-46g-bow-front-build/80#post_3474727
I keep a damsel in my QT/HT tank. When I purchase a new fish he comes out and goes into my sump. Then once the new fish or sick fish is back in the tank. He goes back into the DT/HT. It's a perfect way to keep the bio active. Yes I have live rock in my QT/HT, however, its only about 5lbs and if need be I can toss it anytime. Just a thought before you decide to take him back to the store.

phillyboi

in the last two days i lost two emarald crabs and my sally lightfoot crab i test my water and the ammoina was a littile high but everything els seem to be doing fine could the ammonia being a littile high killed them...
ph - 8.2
ammonia - 0.25
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0
phosphate - 0

Sadly... other than catching that... I can't be of much help for your problem. Maybe someone else will chime in that can better help ya.