My new additions!

ktsdad

We went fish shopping today!
After many weeks of debates over which fishes to get, we finally made a few purchases!
Enjoy!

ktsdad

It is a 250 gallon mixed reef with 225 pounds of live rock, plenty of places for each to stake a claim.
The smaller of the 2 has choosen a rock with a big hole thru the middle.
He sits in there poking his head out looking around! It is the coolest thing!
Still trying to get a good pic.

littlebuck

thats a very nice bunch of pics. Love the grammas they are one of my fav fish. do you have any whole tank shots? also what do you have on there for lighting? I need to figure out what i want to put on my 72 gallon. right now its only has pc but thats what it had on when i bought it.

littlebuck

thats awsome. very nice tank. would you say 2-250s would be good? also there is a set up that i want but dotn know if anyone has ever tried them out but the are fairly priced.

ktsdad

thanks for the kind words!
We found that the 2 most important pieces of equipment for a reef tank are the lights and the protein skimmer. IMO don't go cheap on either one! That's not saying that the most expensive is always the best, just saying don't go cheap you will regret it later.
2 x 250 seems like a lot of light for a 72 gallon tank, but that all depends on what you want to keep in the tank. I am probably not the best to make recommendations.
Check out the the DIY and Equipment forum, lots of good advice to be found there for all equipment!
Good Luck!

ktsdad

Originally Posted by EUPHORIA
are your coral beauty and flame angel getting along?
So far, but they have only been in the tank for a few hours!

They are still checking out which rock they want to call home! :happyfish

ktsdad

We really debated on where to put him.
I placed some "plate" type DIYLR in the tank to make some cliffs for just these cases.
I think I will move him tomorrow, it is tank housekeeping day anyway!
Thanks!

fishieness

i doubt he will be, but if he is attached DO NOT PULLL!!!!!!! either leave him be or try to pry him off of the bottom glass with a razor blade. make sure you cut/pry as far away as possible if you decide to go this route! if you cut too close or rip anything it will kill the clam.
if he is attached, then that means he is happy, even though they live rockwork more, id leave him in the case.

ktsdad

Thanks for the advice!
He has only been in the tank for a few hours.
He does look like he is sitting a little lower in the sand then when I placed him in the tank.
I will give a gentle tug, if he moves then I will put him on a rock. If not then that is where he stays!