my new clown is missing...

latinlord

I added a new clown a week ago... the older one fought with it.. but hten it seemed like it got along... It isn't swimming around anywhere now... I think it is dead.. but I can't find it's body.. :(
Any suggestions??
I'm kinda mad... but what can I do... right?!

flower

Originally Posted by latinlord
http:///forum/post/3036380
I added a new clown a week ago... the older one fought with it.. but hten it seemed like it got along... It isn't swimming around anywhere now... I think it is dead.. but I can't find it's body.. :(
Any suggestions??
I'm kinda mad... but what can I do... right?!
If it's dead the cleaning crew took care of it. It's a shame they fought. I always put my clowns in at the same time. So I don't know how well they take to another clown if placed in at different times.

alvin

When adding a new Clown with an existing one, make sure it is SMALLER than the veteran one.

pezenfuego

How big is your tank? If the tank is small, this could be a potentially bad situation to have a decaying body in the tank. Have you thoroughly checked all around the tank and in the filters/overflows etc? Do you have small pets that could have eaten it?

latinlord

i got a 150... I guess the one clown wasn't small enough.. BUT NOW MY OTHER CLOWN IS GONE!! I called my fishman... he told me that there is a clown parasite/virus going around... seriously... I think the new clow was infected and gave it to the other clown... So now i'm out of clowns... And can't find either of their bodies anywhere!

pezenfuego

If the clowns are small, then I guess they could just provide a pretty nice meal for the cuc. I would wait a while and add a couple more juveniles. Try to find where they are though. I haven't heard about this virus, but if he's telling the truth, you'll probably want to wait a while before buying more.
Even if he is telling the truth, buy from a different source this time...if there is a virus and he knows about it, then he should have told you when he sold the fish or not sold you the fish knowing that they were sick.

windlasher

Originally Posted by latinlord
http:///forum/post/3037307
i got a 150... I guess the one clown wasn't small enough.. BUT NOW MY OTHER CLOWN IS GONE!! I called my fishman... he told me that there is a clown parasite/virus going around... seriously... I think the new clow was infected and gave it to the other clown... So now i'm out of clowns... And can't find either of their bodies anywhere!
IMHO
: I think your "fishman
" is full of sheeeeit. a: if it's true, he sold you a sick fish, knowing that it was sick and then didn't warn you about "the mysterious clown dissapearing disease from hell". b: very little would kill a clown that quickly without some sign of it. c: if there was a clown disease around, someone here would probably know about it. there are too many people here who's lives are SW fish to not know about something like that. I'd find a new "fishman
" if I were you.

cocoacf

Sounds like this fishman is lieing to you. But, that's not such a bad thing. Turn his lie around on him, and make him eat his words.
If there's a virus going around, tell him that he should re indorse your purchase. He sold you a bad fish, that apparently killed your other fish.
Simply tell him that if this REALLY is the case, he needs to pay for the damages. Otherwise you will find a new LFS to cater too. If he is stubborn, let him know that he is making a poor business decision to take a quick $30-50, rather than the money you'd spend during your future visits.
And of course, whether he gets you some new fish or not, never go back there.
LOL