my new fish.

trigger40

i got another tang to replace the one that got electrocuted. i also got a new dwarf angel! both of the fish are in my qt.

this is my powder blue tang
IMG_6222.jpg

it is very skinny and i am working on putting weight on it. this fish will destroy veggie sheets but it will only eat a couple mysis shrimp a day.
IMG_6223.jpg

this is my eibli angel.
IMG_6228.jpg

Kristin1234

Ohh, I love your blue tang!!

What size tank is he in? I really want one but was advised my 100 g would be too small.

Is he a baby? I was told u can get one as a baby and re home him in a few years.

aduvall

For a powder blue? They get pretty nice sized... I always heard 125 and up.

Love the dwarf! I'm addicted to them. Wish I had a large enough space to get 2 or 3

trigger40

Ohh, I love your blue tang!!

What size tank is he in? I really want one but was advised my 100 g would be too small.

Is he a baby? I was told u can get one as a baby and re home him in a few years.
thankyou! lol and yes kristin1234 it is a baby. i would not re home a fish. the 100g is fine for powder blues, they dont swim as much as other tangs but they are really aggressive and that is why such large tanks are recomended. the tang is still in the qt and will be for another month or so.

For a powder blue? They get pretty nice sized... I always heard 125 and up.

Love the dwarf! I'm addicted to them. Wish I had a large enough space to get 2 or 3
actualy powder blues get no bigger than a yellow tang and they dont need to swim as much. but you are correct a 125 is what is recomended because how aggressive they can be. but when you are keeping triggers peaceful fish dont make it. i love dwarf angels too! i really like this one. it is always moving around the tank like my trigger.

aduvall

actualy powder blues get no bigger than a yellow tang and they dont need to swim as much. but you are correct a 125 is what is recomended because how aggressive they can be. but when you are keeping triggers peaceful fish dont make it. i love dwarf angels too! i really like this one. it is always moving around the tank like my trigger.

hmm... You're right. lol, For some reason I thought the powder blue got like a foot, but that's the "blue tang"

aduvall

one of my local fish stores has a lemon peel/Elbi hybrid... it's beautiful... but not $989 beautiful!

trigger40

WOW thats a lot! the lemon peel was my other dwarf angel choice at my lfs. but im glad i went with the eibli, very cool fish. i wonder who will buy it. but the angel isnt eating yet on day two. unlike the tang that eats like a pig.

aduvall

My dwarfs have sometimes taken time... I'm a flame angel guy... LOVE them! Also fond of Coral Beautys.

trigger40

thanks! i love flames too but every time i go to get one i end up leaving with another fish. ive tried two coral beautys and i couldnt get them to eat.

kopczynski

My kole tang took around a month to start eating frozen, pellet or sheet algae, he picked off the rocks a lot. Starting with a healthy fat specimen definitely increases the chances of success.

trigger40

do you guys think it would be a good idea to do a water change now? the reason why i ask is because the angle just started eating ad i dont want to strees it out.